Fodder System

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country-Girl

Reaction score

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has tried the fodder system yet and had any luck!?
As of 2 weeks ago I've been experimenting with it and have had good and bad luck. I'm following Sarah Cuthill on fmicrofarm.com and watching her Youtube videos daily so I can perfect it for my own lifestyle! I'll actually be hopefully purchasing one of her French Angoras at the end of February (fingers crossed).
Well, anyways... I've been experimenting with ACV "with the mother" to control mold and such, and so far have been slightly successful except I'm pretty sure I am going to have to buy more premium quality seed online since I'm using field run quality and its quite dusty and has rocks and random pieces of different things like corn and bird seed. Honestly, its quality overall just SUCKS because the first initial 12-16 hr soak little black spots under the hulls appear and I'm leaning on storage mold to be the cause. The brand I'm using is Kruse's Universal Grains Recleaned Barley and I don't recommend it! It's grown somewhat locally in Goshen,California. Is it normal to have black spots on the barley after the first initial soak or while its starting to sprout?? Because it looks bad to me LOL!

Ending it on this note! Does anyone have any recommendations on good quality Barley Seed? Hancock seeds keeps appearing on google when i search Barley Seed, has anyone had any luck with them? and also has anyone heard of Handy Pantry or Living Whole Foods?

Finally! If anyone has tested out potassium bicarbonate on the Fodder let me know what your feedback is.. its expensive around here and Im not sure I want to buy it if it doesn't work, its supposed to be animal consumption safe?

Latest posts

Back