Fly Strike

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...she isn't doing so well now...I calledthree vets this morning and they all say surgery is the only way if theworms have gotten inside of her back...I found a entrance wound in herback last night that we hadn't seen before and some blackspotting...I'm sure they are in her back now...she is uncomfortable andI'm wondering if I should just have her put to sleep..I've been prayingfor her, but it would take a miracle for sure to save her now..I'mreally upset..I can't stand watching her suffer, but not sure if shemight survive too...I just don't know...she sits quietly most of thetime..but she is really tired...she still eats and drinks and goespotty ok..

Thanks for all the prayersand concern....you all are the best!

Robin and Annie

Oh I'm sosorry! That'sexactly what I was afraid of.

My heart goes out to the three of you.

That's so sad.

-Carolyn

Well..she isstill with us..still eating and drinking and coming out of her cage andlaying next to me by the computer...I guess I'm just going to wait itout and see if maybe I was wrong about the worms in her back...I founda black bug crawling on her last night but it was too quick for me tocatch..I'm thinking maybe it's fleas or a tick or something likethat...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe that bug caused theblack marks on her back and the little wound...if that is thecase..then maybe she will be ok...We are trying to rid her of thatpest..only seen one so far...I'm hoping and praying for the best...Theblack marks are right on the line with her spine though which makes methink I'm probably right about the worms ...I don't want to be rightthis time...if you know what I mean...I pray I'mwrong..

I pray you're wrong too, TootWittleFuffyTail.

I'm prayinghard.

I wish I could do more.

-Carolyn

I am so sorry your bunny isnt doing well. I hope your wrong too. Will be thinking of you guys.

Cristy

I am so sorry to here that, my vet told me about this the first time we went there,

She told me one cause is that if a bunnies teeth get to long, it can'tclean itself so it gets a dirty bum and flies lay eggs there!!!

But seeming your rabbit is eating ok, it must be something else, now i know this i am checking every day.

By the sound of it, none have got in, they usually cry out in pain so she may be ok, i'll pray very hard!!!

Update...she isstill with us...she hasn't been crying out or anything like thatyet...she just lays by me at the computer..lol! She still scratches herears though because we haven't been able to get that nasty bug thatplagues her..I think she must have had that for a long time...we didn'tsee it though at first because we never thought to check her fur whenwe got her...She's all stretched out on the floor lookingdepressedbecause I'm typing instead of petting her..lol!!Let's continue to pray..maybe she will pull out ofthis...

GB!

Robin and Annie

I'm praying hard that she makes it, I keepchecking this post to see how she's doing, and every time I worry it'sgoing to be bad news, but there she is still holding her own. I reallyreally hope she pulls through.

TootWittleFuffyTail wrote:
Update...she is still withus...she hasn't been crying out or anything like that yet...she justlays by me at the computer..lol! She still scratches her ears thoughbecause we haven't been able to get that nasty bug that plagues her..Ithink she must have had that for a long time...we didn't see it thoughat first because we never thought to check her fur when we gother...She's all stretched out on the floor lookingdepressedbecause I'm typing instead of petting her..lol!!Let's continue to pray..maybe she will pull out ofthis...

GB!

Robin and Annie
Howz she going????????????????????????????

Update...Toni is still with us!! She is stilleating and drinking and mainly still alive...she seems better and I'mpraying and keeping my fingers crossed that she will be continue to beok..We still check her daily for worms and she lets us rub her tummyagain now..she didn't do that for a long time...maybe if we pray hardenough, any worms we thought might be in her back will die...if theyhaven't already...she sure seems more normal now than I've seen her ina while...

Thank you for your prayers!!

Love ya's!

Robin and Annie

Don't stop the daily checking and cleaning her, Robin and Annie. Hopeyou found a way to protect her from further infestation. Thoughts andprayers continue.

-Carolyn

Back