flemish giant wants nothing to do with us

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostenson1017

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I just added another addition to our family. Its a small family but we love them to bits. We have a dog a jack Russell mix and now Bryan the flemish giant. We got him from a friend of mine who moved and couldn't take him with her. He is only 9 months old and he was played with alot as a baby. He wants nothing to do with us..... he likes my dog but runs from us. When we can catch him, he's sweet.... but I hate forcing our attention on him. I've had rabbits before but never one this big. He is litter box trained and he roams the house. My boyfriend loves bryan alot I just wish we could get him to come around. We've tried treats, small palaces, and holding him. He just doesn't want anything to do with us. Is there anything else we can do to correct this?

How long g have you had him? He could be scared or timid as he is in a new environment with new people and new smells. My bunny diamond wanted nothing to do with me for 5 weeks and then one day I was sitting out side in the day cage with her and she came up and nose bumped me she then kissed me and then jumped into my lap and flopped! She then binkied out of my lap which was adorable :) it can take time :)

Almost a month and 2 weeks, I thought that could be it...... but I dont know how to change that honestly. He will kind of come up to us...... or he follows is into a room. but its like as soon as you look at him he runs.

I am having the same problem with my newest addition. He is an approx 1 year 4 month old male rabbit we adopted. He will come up to us on the floor. He will allow pets occasionally, but normally he grunts if we get too close or he isn't in the mood. I'm hoping he will come around with patience and treats! Good luck with your Flemmy :)

Try limit the amount of space he has available to him, it'll be easier for you to bond with him if he only has access to one or two rooms.

I used to lay on the floor like I was sleeping with one of my reluctant bunnies. Curiosity always got the better of him and he'd hop over and hop onto my back to check me out. We eventually bonded.

Here's how I bonded with my boy: I confined him to a single room and took a nap on the floor in there. I woke up to find him curled against my stomach.

Back