Flea Fear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini_Rex

Reaction score
One of my cousins wants to take my dog to a dog park with me.

I'm nervous because last 3 times I did that (different locations), came back with fleas.

Can dog fleas live off of rabbits or will the fleas die in 3 days like they do if they try to live off of humans?

I wouldn't take the risk Mini Rex, especially considering most flea control products are harmful or (in the case of fipronil) fatal to rabbits, however I'm a new member and I'm searching for a post that discusses flea treatments for rabbits. :)

I wouldn't take the risk Mini Rex, especially considering most flea control products are harmful or (in the case of fipronil) fatal to rabbits, however I'm a new member and I'm searching for a post that discusses flea treatments for rabbits. :)

Original Advantage and Revolution (selamectin), are the usual rabbit safe flea treatments. With my preference being Revolution for it's effectiveness. Though keeping in mind that it needs to be dosed at the correct dose for rabbits to be effective, which is minimum 18mg/kg applied up to every 7 days (dosing info from link above, with references; dosing recommendations based on rabbit flea studies).

Back