Flash's Place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score

I haven’t blogged for a long time on here, but have been blogging elsewhere, just for myself. I miss sharing my buns with people though, and because I am doing some things important to me that I will want to share when they are done, I thought this might be the perfect place; Flash’s Place.

Flash[/b] was my world, and all the bunnies I have now are directly, or indirectly, due to me owning and having him.

[align=center]
Flash101Imquitehappysittinghereitsc.jpg
[/align]
I currently have 14 in my motley bunny crew, and 3 fosters who have wormed their way (in one case, literally) into my heart, house and crew. That obviously takes me up to 17. My days are very busy!

Top of my bunny crew is head of the house, Sky[/b], Flash’s son.

[align=center]
Sky131midrollandlookingincrediblysw.jpg
[/align]
He’s my beautiful boy, or rather, I’m his girl, and no one else’s (he has a VERY jealous streak in him). He is proud daddy to the majority of my buns (8 out of my 14), although it did take a while to teach him what to do and how. He is a bun who sometimes get free range at night, and I often wake up to find him snuggled with me, on my chest, or next to me, and that’s a very nice wake up call, but not at 4am.

Badger[/b]

[align=center]
266.jpg
[/align]
‘Instant Badger’ is much more of a puppy than a bunny, and is a complete love bug. Wherever I am, he is, in an instant, and that’s the same for everyone else in the house to, he is just a little less instant. He is very cheeky and gets that definite glint when he knows he is doing something he shouldn’t. When he gets free range in my bed at night-time he snuggles down on my duvet and watches friends, occasionally coming over for strokes, and getting my attention by shoving his face and whiskers in my face.

Sandy
[/b]

[align=center]
DSCF2435.jpg
[/align]
Sandy is very much Queen, at least in her head, and was not very pleased with the months of mockery she got for growing back her spay hair in a ridiculous pattern, earning her the nickname ‘Tufty baldy’. She is mum to 7 of my crew, and earned herself the right to a life of luxury finally (this is her fourth home). She is now spayed and I intend to bond her with somebun at some point, although so far she is refusing all the options given to her. I think she has had enough bunny hassles and wants to relax in peace!

Star[/b]

[align=center]
Star77.jpg
[/align]
Star is one of Sandy and Sky’s children and like Sky and Badger, he thinks I am his and no one elses. Starry Arree is not a fan of being held (although he does like the occasional nose rub) but he loves company and when he is out, if I’m around, he will be found either near my shoulder, or my foot. He’s our little OCD bunny and is the ultimate tidy guy, and is the cleanest of all clean buns. If he doesn’t have his litter tray he puts himself into stasis because he won’t use anything else. Talk about awkward!

Angel
[/b]

[align=center]
Angel61beautifulpicture.jpg
[/align]
Angel is a spitting image of his granddaddy Flash, although Angel has ‘tears’. He was named after his Angel granddad as opposed to his dad (like everyone else is), because of the uncanny resemblance, right down to the ‘slipped disc’. He is a hyper, manic maniac and as an intact guy (one of only two intact bunnies here) all he wants to do is run and dig and play and mark and poo and scent and then run some more. He’s a very affectionate little guy though, when he stands still. One day he will be very willingly (I’m sure) fathering his own children, Sky’s grandchildren and Flash’s great grandchildren, well, that’s if everything goes to plan.

Lightning[/b]

[align=center]
024.jpg
[/align]
Lightning is a mirror of his daddy, sort of, and has very similar traits, but in some ways is very different. He hates being handled (can’t blame him because when he was younger he got his little boy bits ‘munched’ and had to have some uncomfortable treatment) and will tell you with a nip, although just recently I have discovered a stroke on the neck is very much enjoyed. He is SO alive and alert and a right pickle. I don’t think the world is big enough for Lightning, he will always want to explore more... much like most of my buns actually.

Dusk[/b]

[align=center]
DSCF7145.jpg
[/align]
Dusk is a very friendly guy, although not right now (he’s been recently neutered and was not happy about that) and is apparently, claustrophobic and loves his run, spending his nights there, even when it’s cold. He has only started to lick me recently which is so cute, but only when he is marking my nose. I would love to bond him with Sandy, but that all depends on Sandy. He has the potential, to be submissive, but we shall see, I guess.

Cloud and Candyfloss (Cloudyfloss)[/b]
[/b]

[align=center]
DSCF2410.jpg
144.jpg
[/align]
Cloud and Candyfloss are my newest pair and are part of my former quad (the other two being the Dopeys). Cloud is Sky’s oldest son, and Candyfloss is my first rescue, and my newest addition. These two together are a complete handful. Candyfloss is a Houdini and is supremely confident (she was found in a back garden, so she probably escaped from her previous home). Cloud is very anxious and until recently (in fact, until he was bonded specifically with her) that anxiety allowed him to be vicious. Since being with Candyfloss he has started to pick up on her confidence, and whilst he is anxious, he is now not vicious, and can still remember that he loves a cuddle, like he did when he was a babe. Candyfloss is a bit of a bolshie girl, but he can handle his women and is not intimidated. They are like the odd couple, but so far, are working well.

The Dopeys[/b]

[align=center]
DSCF2590.jpg
[/align]
The Dopeys are two sisters and are basically one entity, doing the same thing at the same time, and always together, they are also, quite simply, the most stupid rabbits I’ve ever met. They are very dependent on each other and I have every intention of bonding somebun/bunnies with them so that when one dies, the other is not left alone because she definitely won’t cope. There were part of a quad with Cloudyfloss for 6 weeks, until Dopey 2 got spurs and Candyfloss decided she didn’t want her around anymore. So now I have to start from scratch bonding the Dopeys with somebuns. They were spayed this week and have done amazingly, after a bit of a dicey start. They are living it up in our living room and are so happy here. They are very peaceful to watch and have a real calming effect. Something else of interest is that they are very vocal bunnies and you can have a conversation with them. They have a wide repertoire of oinks, honks, quacks and more.

Dawn, Sunny and Hope (The Swarming)[/b][/b]

[align=center]
Dawn62.jpg
168.jpg
078.jpg
[/align]
The Swarming are exactly that, a swarming. They swarm wherever they are, especially if there is food around. They have been bonded since March and are the last three of Sky’s and Sandy’s children. They are a strange group of buns and they get up to SO many problems. Generally Sunny will find something she wants to do (this normally involves going somewhere she shouldn’t) and she will show Dawn who will get her there. She will then go, and he will follow and when she starts to get cautious, he will take over (sort of like he is too stupid to be scared). Once these two have sussed out what is what Sunny will go and get Hope and they will swarm as a group wherever it happens to be they have gone. Dawn is very outgoing and confident and very, very licky. He creates the most problems, but is not the mastermind. Sunny is quite bright and is the mastermind of most trouble. She hates being handled, but is very affectionate when she knows she is in control. Hope is, well, erm, Hope. He is very quiet, not the brightest, a bit ‘not all there’, and gets very distressed if separated from Dawn and/or Sunny, and together they make up a very good trio. I would love to bond these three with the Dopeys because I think they would be excellent together. This will be my spring project.

So those are my permanent residents. No onto my foster...

Just wanted to say that I think Sandy is lovely, she's one of the most pretty rabbits I have seen on here :love:. I'm not very good at knowing what to say in blogs but it's great to see pics of your rabbits again.

Foster Trio (fostered for the RSPCA)

My foster trio all came at separate time, and I bonded them into the trio myself. They all came to me as a mess in one way or another, but things are nicely progressing forwards; with time I shall tell their tales, but not right now.

My foster trio is made up of Summer, Roger and Tilly.

[align=center]
045.jpg
023.jpg
056.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
061.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]And they can also be found here [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AK21--dswLA]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AK21--dswLA[/ame][/align]

[align=left]They are not currently up for adoption because they are not yet healthy enough (Tilly is still having head tilt treatment and Summer has shared her tapeworm around), but soon they will be. They are going to have to go to a very rabbit savvy owner because they are all very special needs in their own way, and if they don't ever find a home, they will stay with me. They are very much a part of this motley bunny crew already. [/align]

:pinkelepht:
:great:
:bambiandthumper
:happyrabbit:

YEAH! Finally - a blog from FLASHY!!!

Michelle, I had to cover Sandy's eyes. I don't want her getting an even bigger head, and Ali, I am desperate to move out, so if you buy me a house, I'll move in. You can pay me rent then :pAs a priviledge for living with my crew.

*pats Peg*

Flashy wrote:
Ali, I am desperate to move out, so if you buy me a house, I'll move in. You can pay me rent then :pAs a priviledge for living with my crew.

Sounds intresting. Hmm I think it is doable. Do you mind leaving the country? I have several awesome vets.

I'm not too sure the RSPCA would be ok with me stealing their bunnies in that way. You'd have to come here. If you want to enough.... :p

aww your buns are so beautiful... i just want to lay a kiss on their precious little noses :inlove:and your fostor trio are gorgeous! theres no way i could let rabbits go if i fostered would just get to attached :brownbunny

Flashy it's so good to have you back on here. I have missed you and reading all about your babies.

Susan
My_little_Drummer_boy.gif
coelho1.gif
hase244.gif
hase108.gif
hase170.gif
hase155.gif
hase_smile.gif
ra_chrismas.gif
hase240.gif

hase342.gif

Can you tell I'm happy you are back.

I really didn't think anyone other than possibly Polly would be interested/reply. You're all beingvery nice. Thanks :)

eeeeeep trace i haven't been in teh blogs for ages and its soo nice to see all your buns again. I know I get an odd pic but i just awwwwwww i think cloud wants to come to scotland :pand Hercules says hi to his cousins the dopeys :biggrin2:

You can have him if you want him! He comes with free added pinworms :p

So this week is a VERY stressful week, rabbit wise. Since about AugustI have been to the vets probably every week for a variety of things, spurs, scabs, spays/neuters, more spurs, seizures, head tilt, post spay complications, erm, and other things I can't remember right now. This coming week, however, we are stepping up a gear and I will be going to the vets four times.

Last week angieluv said something to gentle giants about a tape worm. Something in my head clicked and I spoke to angieluv about it. We worked out pretty quickly that my lovely Summer most likely has a tape worm. Last week I took her to see my vet and he has never seen a tapeworm in a bun before and didn't know what to do. I told him what angieluv had said and he took that on board but wanted to clarify with someone if that would be ok, etc. The next day I had to take another rabbit to the vets so Summer came too and. He dosed her and her two bonded friends with a Droncit injection, and now, because Summer has been here for three months and obviously came out of quaratine a long time ago I have to take all my buns, and the cat, to the vets this week, or tape worm injections. And then, I have to take all 17 back 10 days after their first injection, for another injection.

I'm hoping that she does have a tapeworm, even though it has caused me chaos because she has been very sickly, and if this sorts it, then that's great. I'm not looking forward to finding a worm though. :shock:

I don't know why you think nobody likes you or is interested in what you have to say. You're a thoughtful and considerate and interesting person, plus it helps that you've got so many good looking rabbits to oggle over :D.

Ii don't know much about worms but that does sound worrisome, but better for it to be something you know you can get rid of, I guess? Are those the sort of worms that can grow really huge? I'll let you in on a little secret, I has worms once, ugh! The kind cats get, it was NOT fun :p.

If/when you find the worm, will you take a picture? Morbid curiousity here...

:embarrassed:

Yes. I will take a pic if I find it :D She's acting different today, calmer, less eating, so that's good, hopefully. I think you told me about your worms on a previous thread about worms we had, although those were pinworms. I hope these are not something I can catch, although it might help me lose some weight, which would be a good thing, lol. Yup, these are the long ones that sit in the gut. It's all very horrid.

Latest posts

Back