Fine Line Rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Kay

Reaction score
Hi i'm katie my friend taylor and i have just begun running Fine Line Rabbits. We are waiting for our breeding stock to be born. they are ready any day now! since we are just starting out any pictures of you rabbitries and facilities would be helpful for us to get an idea what all we might need to get together before our babes are ready to come home. thanks so much i'll post pics when i get them.

-katie

I'm not sure I understand you - so I have a quick question.

You've already committed to your breeding stock and its not even born yet? So you don't know the quality of the animals?

I figured I probably read that wrong - especially when you said something about being ready any day yet..

i am sure of where my breeding stock is coming from. They are due today. i know it is risky getting them if they are not born. but i know the breeder and she has many litters to choose from.

I know the breeder too. she has a very good stock of rabbits and i know that she will only sell the best rabbits to us

Congratulations on the impending birth of your new rabbits. But don't "count your chickens before they hatch". Have patience. If they are being born today (or tomorrow... or the day after...) You still won't get them for another 2 months. Then they need to grow up and mature before you can breed them.

What breed are you getting into?

I wish you lots of luck and love with the new bunnies when you get them.

they are mini rex. I am super happy about them! the breeder is from CG Rabbitry in WI. We will have many to choose from so i am not conserned about not getting good stock

Congrats! You'll have a lot of time to get everything set up. Make sure that you get all of the legal paperwork and licenses in order while you're waiting for the babies to be born. Any supplies you buy like food, litter, cages, building supplies etc... are tax free and tax deductible once you register with your state. Plus, if you do this out of your home and you have a section of your house that is just for the rabbitry (like a shed or even a spare room) then you can take a home office tax credit. Make sure you get your EIN (it's free), register to collect taxes (should also be free), and you register with your state. You'll need to decide if you want to be a partnership or a LLC. And, if you are going to be operating under the name Fine Line Rabbitry then you may need to register a fictitious name with the state you live in. I know that Florida requires it but I'm not sure about Wisconsin.

oh cool well the litter has been born i just need to check with katie to see if i can find out if she wants this litter #1

#4 #5

Latest posts

Back