Finding NIC cubes in Calgary ? any ideas where to get them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddie_20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I live in Calgary, Canda and i am wondering where to find NIC cubes just curious if anyone of you know where i could find it?

thanks

Madhura

Hi, try Walmart, we got ours there, you'll find them in the shelving area.

You can also try Home Depot.

Soooska

I have seen them at Target and Walmart. They arecalled different things because NIC is the brand name, and I believethat Target and Walmart carry their own brand of them. Let me check thebox....ok, so I apparantly threw the box away, but they are typicallycalled "storage cubes" or something like that. We always buy ours atTarget, I know that theirs come in a sea green colored box.

It's just our preference, but we've always found that making the cagewith cable ties to hold the panels together instead of the joints thatthey provide seems sturdier, but we also have wood beams runningthrough the levels for extra support.

All in all (cubes, ties, wood, cardboard, and choroplast) it cost about$80, but the largest rabbit cage at petsmart was less than half thissize and cost $200, so we considered it money well spent. Not tomention, it was fun to build our bunnies mansion lol.

How do you attach the wood floor to thecubes? What kind of wood do you use. my b/f and iare going to be getting a second bun and we need more space so we wereplanning on making one. Also how many boxes of the cubes doesit take to make the cage in the picture?

Megan and hip hop

I'm pretty sure that it was three boxes worth, Iknow the cage is made up of 43 panels, and I'm pretty sure that thereare 17 panels per box. We've bought a few extra to create fences toblock ares where they aren't supposed to be while they're out. So thecage is $60 of cubes, but well worth it!! We promise the buns love theextra space. Half the time when they have play time they stay in theircage they love it so much lol.

If you would like, I can make detailed instructions on how we built ours step by step if you think it would be helpful.

You asked about attatching wood to the bottom, we used choroplast, butI believe that Tucker and Buster have wood floors with linoleumn ontop, so if Lyndsy sees this maybe she can tell you how they did that.

hey Maddie, if you find them in calgary will youpost where??? i havent been able to find them either :( iended up getting a huge dog crate at a petsmart!

I was able to find them on ebay, under the actual brand name of NIC, so if all else fails, you could get them there. :?

My gf says you can find NIC cubes for dirt cheapat Costco or go to walmart, or hold up i will send you a place to checkout it tells you where other people have found thers..

hope this helps

http://www.cavycages.com/where.htm

Then all you have to do is find alberta and it will tell you alot of where people found their stuff

Madhura

I found some at Superstore and have seen them atwalmart. They cost me $20 for 17 panles and the connectors. They conein multicououred and silver/metal colour.

Latest posts

Back