Finally shedding.. help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiserySmith

Reaction score
We've had Peppy since June of last year, this is the first time he's shed at our house.
My old rabbit would leave giant clumps everywhere because that's how they came off of her. That also made it easier to brush the fur out.. However Peppy is losing a ton of single hairs and brushing him seems to have almost no effect.
Is there anything else I can do to get all this fur off him?
I've been having to change his cage bottom every two days or so, because all I can see is white hair.

I don't use it personally, but have you tried the Furminator?

We have simply learned to brush, vacuum, sweep as often as we can.

Clicked "enter" too early.

I have seen many people post pictures with piles of fur beside their bunny using the Furminator. The stories of over-grooming for bunnies, however, worries me. Used in moderation, I don't believe it should be an issue.

Excellent for cats. My friends with cats love the Furminator.

Acacia's also in mid-molt. She's 5 yrs old.. I've gotten used to these -_-

Take Peppy outside and pluck his fur. The loose ones will fly away in the wind. Then take him back in and give him a papaya treat to help with those nasty fur balls.

I just wanna take the stickiest tape I can find, poke it on him and then poof have all the loose hair come off. It'd be so easy >_<
I'll get him outside and really go at the fur when it's nice outside again, as I'm not sure if he'd even let me use a furminator on him. He always just spins in circles while I'm brushing him like 'hey mom, thats my butt.. wait you did it again!' since thats where the hair collects. xD

OOooh the butt is the worst and Harvey hates me plucking that area haha. Harvey's also shedding, like your guy. It comes off more like hairs here and there. I brush him while he's distracted by food. Well distracted by oats. I pretty much brush him every day for a couple of weeks or so. It gets everywhere. He leaves behind bunny butt prints. And he's looking pretty shaggy right now.

Yesterday was so sunny, I took my sunny bunny outsid in the yard and put her on this will-never-be-finished-foundation-for-a-shed where she stuck next to me and I plucked her ^.^ She didn't like the board we sat on, bc it was dirty with left over snow dirt. Then she went in the grass and got happy in the sun and leaves :)

Latest posts

Back