Female pulling her fur out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newby381

Reaction score
Hi, I have a female rabbit about 6 months old now that has started pulling her fur out. A few days before this started I had adopted another female rabbit about 4 months old. They are in different cages and have only seen each other. Was planning on introducing them over time so they would have each other. But last night when I got home from work my older female had started pulling her fur out. I cleaned it out and spent time with her worried that she was stressed from the new rabbit in the room. Gave her a new box (she loves to play with boxes) and called it a night. Today her towel is in the box and she has filled it with fur. She seems to be happy and eating as well as drinking. Wondering what I should do. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

From Snowflake and Rosebuds mom

I'm not quite sure about this but she is showing signs of a pregnant rabbit. Females are known to pull out the soft fur on their bellies and arranging them into a kind of nest thing when they are expecting babies. I'm no expert but you may want to have her looked over by a vet.

Latest posts

Back