Feeding Orphan Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BunsOfLove

Reaction score
Ive fed the babies two time and I domt think their getting enough milk .Their stomachs arent bulging like ther supposed to so shouls I feed them more then twice a day ?Is their any website that can tell me what to do ?

Thank you but ive read that & it doesn't explain what to do it they arent getting enough milk .

when i feed kits most of the time i have to feed them 4-5 times a day for them to get enough milk.

How are they doing? I'm so sorry to hear that your babies are orphaned. Did the mom die or did she abandon them?:pray:

If they aren't taking enough at one sitting then increase the number of feedings. Are you also syringing some water?

Ive done that thank you & ive never heard about giving them water ??

when i feed kits most of the time i have to feed them 4-5 times a day for them to get enough milk.

Okay. I have been feeding them at 4am them at 1pm then 9pm ... do you think thats enough ? Their bellys never bulge.

How are they doing? I'm so sorry to hear that your babies are orphaned. Did the mom die or did she abandon them?:pray:

They are doing good , learning to drink from the syringe and kitten bottle very well .Ive ordered orphan squirrel nipples to fit their mouth better. The mother is alive she just isn't producing milk .I tried holding her while the babies nursed but the tip of her nipple became blood red and there was no sweeling around her nipple so I took over .

Latest posts

Back