fearful, untrusting young rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
I have never had a baby rabbit that wont tolerate cuddling and is nervous easily. Even the older rabbits seem very adjusted to people. Its slightly upsetting at times that these babies i found are so skittish and rarely are at ease. Their a lot better when my older boy is around, but i cant get close to picking them up before they get scared.

I assume they may have been feeders or easter dumps, and i sit with them and theyll climb on me and lay by me just petting is a rare thing.

Is it just going to take time?

What a tough situation. Try to hang in there. It sounds like they don't have a base of good interactions to draw from to learn to trust. :hug:

That's how my bunny Clyde is. He's slowly coming around now that I'm spending more time with him. He'll climb on me and lay beside me but the minute I move my arm to pet him he's off and hiding somewhere. He loves to be pet because when he finally does let me pet him he'll just sit there for 5 or so minutes. He's just very untrusting of me for whatever reason. My advice is just to hang in there and spend as much time as possible with them. Hopefully they'll come around! Good Luck!
Jessemily

Ya their pretty upset after nail clippings, wont come near me. Ive read all the bonding articles. Its only been a couple weeks but i didnt know it would be thisdifficult with young rabbits

Latest posts

Back