Exorcist bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aurora369 wrote:
I have one baby bunny that is always sleeping in a "dead bunny" flop. It's really cute:
PicsFeb112006062.jpg

--Dawn

Bub and his sibs used to do this a lot. I used to hold him like a baby, and when he was fast asleep, you could play with his lips. Bblblblblbl.....:D

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
Bub and his sibs used to do this a lot. I used to hold him like a baby, and when he was fast asleep, you could play with his lips. Bblblblblbl.....:D

Rose
:laugh:

***spews coffee all over the keyboard and monitor***

I did hold these guys on their backs alot too. I really like when their little paws are all limp, and you can flip them up and down. Or when they slowly stretch out like slinkies as they slowly relax.

--Dawn

JimD wrote:
rabbitgirl wrote:

Rose

Aren't I mean? He hasn't changed much....

46aa666c.jpg

Oh man...that's too funny!!

Hey...question...does every bunny enjoy you holding them like that? Or do you have to get them used to laying on their back like that?

rabbitgirl wrote:
JimD wrote:
rabbitgirl wrote:

Rose

Aren't I mean? He hasn't changed much....

46aa666c.jpg

Maherwoman,

Some are easy to hold like that, some are not as easy. I have not found one bunny that was impossible (yet), but I am sure they are out there. If you want to hold a bunny that way push it by its chest back over in your arms. Do not try and roll it to its side to get them on to their back. One thing I have found that helps them relax/zone-out is to start stroking their cheeks (on their face!) back tward their ears. if you do it right they will close there eyes. After a couple of stokes you can usually stop and then in a few seconds (up to a few minutes) their head will start falling back as they start to totally relax.

My wife does not like me doing this as she thinks that the rabbit is scared or going into an instictive 'i am dead' anti-preditor position. I am not convinced and think it is safe, especially since they often though themselves into this posisiton!

Cocoa scares the heck out of me sometimes when I stay up late and leave them out longer. He will run into the room and jump straight up into the air sometimes landing on Clover. If Clover does not want to play (and usually does not) he does it again right infront of her. Crazy rabbits.

Jay

Bub's been handled since very tiny babyhood, so he's used to it. Which is good because he weighs all of nine pounds! He's also super easy-going like most of the males of his breed. Most rabbits feel "stiff" when picked up, but Pals tend to be kind of loose and floppy (more yielding). That's why it's funny when little kids pick them up around the middle and carry them around like a big stuffed animal. Both Bub and his dad were always very tolerant and careful of little kids.

Although, I have a Holland lop doe that turns into a flying squirming ball of nails and fur if you even just pick her up. She just can't sit still. Her brother is easy to flip around--which is funny because they got the same handling as babies (another of my own litters).

Young rabbits, about 3 mo. and up, often go through a phase of constant motion, when it's really hard to flip them over or even carry them somewhere. At 2 yrs., Bub still likes to be moving but will sit still when he has to.

The biggest secret to flipping and trancing rabbits is to do it quickly, smoothly, and firmly. If you act like you're in charge and won't drop them, they usually submit. Big emphasis on USUALLY!;)

Rose

Latest posts

Back