Encouraging a rabbit to explore.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaners

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have two buns and our girl Pearl is very inquisitive and likes to explore wherever she can get. Our boy George on the other hand is more skittish and is extremely hesitant especially to go on the hardwood. We have an area rug in front of their (seperate) cages and rug in our living room. The rest of the house is hard surface flooring.

What can we do to encourage George to go on the hardwood? Currently we are picking him up and bringing him into the living room. Once he's there he runs around and binkies a lot.

Carpet samples (towels work too). Make him a path so he doesn't have to touch the hardwood floor. My dad's bunny won't go NEAR wood floors, but the second you put something out that she can walk on, she'll explore in a heartbeat.

You could try luring him out with treats. My bun hates our hardwood floors but he is getting used to them as more time goes by. In the mean time you could also check out a dollar store for little rugs.

Our first bunny, Munches, hated hardwood too. We did the rugs and hall runners, but I don't want to do that this time. I'll try the treats.

if anyhting I'd be happy that ur bunny is going on hardwood since it can be very dangerous. my rabbit went on my short drawer and slipped off of it and im SOO lucky he's ok. Ive also heard that bunnies who are on hardwood a lot can get arthritis. my friend has a bunny with it.

Latest posts

Back