Emergency. Rabbit peed a few drops of blood along with a flesh like thing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky

Reaction score
My 8 - 9 months old female rabbit excreted a flesh like thing along with a few drops of blood. The flesh like thing is surrounded by semi solid blood like thing. The male rabbit has been in the heat and been doing her since last 2 days before this happened. He did it previously too like a month ago maybe. The male rabbit is about 2 months younger, smaller in size and of a different breed than female. It's night time and no vets are open now. I'd like to know what that thing is and how much should I be worried about her?

Attachments

• IMG_20190202_191457.jpg
    IMG_20190202_191457.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
Quite likely an underdeveloped fetus or the afterbirth, I would say.

You let them breed one month ago, so she is about to kindle now, either that was all or there are more kits comming, there can still be a viable litter. That would also explain why the buck is extra horny, it's gross, but they often don't even wait until she finished kindling before impregnating her right again.
Does she have a nest box, nesting material (lots of hay), and why is the buck with her? Seperate him ASAP. Look everywhere she can go if there is a nest with kits already.

If she is really kindling or had a litter what she needs most is rest, peace and quiet, the buck stresses (and quite likely impregnated) her, and I wouldn't take her to the vet unless there is really something wrong, that could mess up her caring for the kits.

From what you wrote I get the impression you are not breeding on purpose.

Last edited:
Back