Dubay's Rabbitry Happenings 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minirexlover89

Reaction score
I always wanted to start a blog so here it goes

Sept 10 2009

This morning i cleaned out the rabbit cages, that was loads of fun!

Then i looked at tootsie to check her depth and fur which is coming along very well she maybe a big doe but man she has loads of balance! and she has fur to die for! Her brother is a BIS winner along with a RIS so i think i got a nice doe to start out my chocolate lines!

I was comparing my broken chocolate and my solid chocolate bucks to see who had better type fur etc.

well Misery my broken chocolate buck has good type and depth nice chocolate color on his spots, only thing he is lacking as of right now is in fur texture is soft density is good though

The chocolate buck i have doesnt havea name because he was suppose to be a doe, but anyways he looks just as good as Mis, body type wise, has better fur, dense and texture is right on, i cant wait to show this guy he is amazing

If Mis holds out until the 19th for moulting he will be going to the show also.

I also checked on how Tiger was doing he was deep into summer moult! he has only got the hair on his hind end to lose now. other then that he looks pretty good

i checked out Lauries REW jersey woolies- they are only 3 weeks old maybe 4 now

OOOOO Man can you say typey little bucks! wow! if i had jerseys i would be buying one of them off of her, there is a tiny little boy and he is awesome, typey, wool is coming in good i am jealous! these bucks are out of one of my old does! both have blocky little heads and ears are tiny on these guys. The bigger buck does have a little bit longer ear but he balances out, he isnt much bigger a little more wild but once i got him to set up he was breath taking and hes only 4 weeks!

Now if only i could get my does to take so i can have some show stopper bunnies!

I have a few that i really want to put on the table, my chocolate buck w/ no name, Hibiscus my sable point doe, Parsley another sable point doe, tarragon a buck i baught in Aug. my nethie Tiger and i might take my new zealand Bella she is really nice, i have 2 harlequin bucks that i am taking August my jap blue and Facade my black magpie. Then i am taking a bunch to sell. I need to downsize even though i am getting a few more!

I will be getting a chocolate otter nethie doe and a chocolate dutch doe- not my breed but i am trading for these 2 my trio of polish- which both does are for sure bred. Then in gaylord i am going to get 2 more mini rex does for sure, i am going to look for another otter nethie doe preferably blue or chocolate or maybe a rew that carries chocolate, then i might get a few more mini rexes depending, i would like to get another BEW doe because mine isnt keeping babies and she only has one more chance before she becomes a pet. I want to find a lilac mini rex doe too for my sisters lynx buck so we can have lynx babies! I will post pictures once everybody starts to arrive! also i might have a few litters but who knows i am not sure if anybody took so we will see, if so i will post baby bun pics! yay baby bunns, i am going to take pictures of the 2 jersey babies so you all can see how nice they are! the one is for sale the tiny one is alrady spoken for but the bigger one is avalible.

LOL .. my buck, hartleybun, is an ex-showbunny. he'd been placed second to one of his sisters twice so decided to become a pet. he is rather handsome tho':biggrin2:
love the bunny names btw:)

Thank you very much! I just love otters they are so pretty! i have had them (color) the longest out of any color mini rex. I have had blacks, blues, castors, tris, red and lynx plus the other colors i still have sable point, Bew and chocolate. I think otters are here to stay for a really long time! You have very pretty bunnies too

Okay

today i took some pictures of the 2 jersey wooly boys they are sooo cute the one decided he didnt want to pose.

this is the bigger buck- he is for sale

Tiny buck- spoken for

I thought they both are pretty cute and if i did woolies i would be getting one. Oh well I rebred Denim to Zazu this time not Misery. I want to see if i can get some nice broken blue otters out of denim before she is way to old to have babies. Shes quite mood these days. well i have to wait until next week to see if any of my does took this time around

looks like i got a few pergo Harles! i dont know about mini rexes though, they dont seem bred to me but when i put them back in with the buck the grunt and run and hide in the corner so i am taking that as they are bred but when i feel for kits i dont feel anything. well i will find out soon enough.

About a month ago i traded a gal my pair of checkered giants for some harle does, well that night i braught them home and put them away, the next morning the bigger doe was gone she had unlached the cage, i didnt see her for 2 weeks so i thought she must have gone in the woods or something. well today i saw her in the horse feild alive and well so now i have to some how catch her, its going to be tough, she knows the weeds and brush pretty good around here now. i have to find her nest, if shes been around she was bred by our champagne buck that roams around and eats all the spilt rabbit pellets hes got a pretty good life so he isnt going anywhere. so we have harle/champagne kits somewhere. i am going to go see if i cant find her agian tonight and then i will be doing a more thorough search tomorrow. When i catch her i am going to have to find her nest and get her kits so they arent left alone to die. Wish me Luck!

Latest posts

Back