Driver's Ed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoobyDoo

Reaction score
Out in the middle of a Cornfield..., Iowa, USA
Ok, I'm sorry if I sound immature, bratty, etc...but if you knew this man you would know how I feel.

Driver's Ed. ends next Monday for my group and i am soexcited! I seriously don't like our instructor.Last year he made my sister's friend cry, and this year(my previousclass) he almost made my best friend cry:mad:. He was makingme so mad because just that morning Scooby had died and he was yelling,grabbing the wheel, and stomping his "emergency brake"(which heconstantly uses even if we are in control)at me when I wasdriving. Last time he was telling us how not to back into adriveway, and then he showed us in someone elses driveway! he backedonto their lawn! can you believe he is at least 55 and stilllives with his mom? he does, and she still does his laundry andstuff. lol. But class ends Monday and then I won'thave to see him til school starts again.

~Caitlin~

Again I'm sorry if you find this annoying or anything.

Sounds like that guy needs to relax and stop taking his frustrations out on you guys.

I loved my driver's ed instructor. He was the footballcoach/health/PE also. I swear, nothing made this man nervous- you could be swerving and running offthe road and he wouldbe like, "Now, ___, what you want to do is gently steer back onto theroad before we hit this stop sign. Good."He would let us drive anywhere and we always went somewhere to eatduring the drive. We'had' to learn to negotiate adrive thru he said lol. We couldplay the radio loudand everything.

Oh I wish I had that instructor! Thisman never knows what he's talking about it seems. One time, Iwas driving to my house on the gravel and he told me to be in themiddle, and we were going up a hill! And when my sister wasdriving he was giving her directions to get to our house.errrr...something is definately wrong with him.

~Caitlin~

First I had the calm, funny business teacher fordrivers ed. Then he had a minor heart attack and couldn'ttake us out for obvious reasons. So I got the male chauvanistPE teacher with no sense of humor and a penchant forswearing. Oh, and did I mention he didn't like me cause I wasa nerdy band/choir/debate/forensics/essentially every activity exceptsports girl? Luckily, the business teacher recovered quicklyand started taking a few of the more trusted kids out withhim. Like me.:D I was/am such a nerd! ButI liked learning from him a lot more because he was patient.

Do most/all students take drivers ed? Are the classes part of the school curriculum?

My daughter got her license earlier this year, but didn't take drivers ed.

Pam

Its a requirement in Iowa for yourlicense.....you get the permit and start driving etc, then you takedrivers ed before you can get the actual license.

Drivers ed is a requirement in WI unless you areover 18. Then you just need a certain number of hourspracticed with a licensed driver. We can take it as part ofour curriculum or through driving schools if you want it faster.

Interesting -- I didn't realize it was required by law in some states.

Pennsylvania apparently doesn't require it for under 18 (but theycertainly made it difficult for me to get a PAdriver's license -- I lived here for over a year before I finally gotit).

Pam

Drivers Ed isn't required in WV, but if you dotake it - it will greatly reduce your vehicle insurance. WhenI was in school almost everyone took drivers ed just for the discount,even if they already had their liscence and could drive. Theinsurance discount was just that much.

Yeah, I'm afraid Scooby did die last Tuesday:bunnyangel:(and my driving teacher was NOT making it any easier...)

In Iowa you gotta take it to get your actual license, or even yourschool permit. I'm just glad I have only ONE class left!!!yay! And I know I'll pass, since he is always saying he isgonna pass everyone, which is kinda scary when you think of somepeople...:shock:...lol

~Caitlin~

Back