Dried papaya..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
I was picking up feed for the bunnies and i waslooking around the aisle and what do i find.....Kaytee distributesdried papaya! no sugar added, just papays ...it wasnt that expensiveeither$1.75 for 2 1/2 oz.

Also for anyone who lives in northern NJ they carry the entire Oxbowline pellets, hay, papaya/pineapple tablets, vitamins, critical careetc...
--------

haha .. helps if i put the name of the pet store .. its Scuffy's petstore in the preakness shopping center in wayne.

I get my dried papaya at an organicstore. It's in the bulk section costing$1.10 for 100 grams.

That works out to be $1.10 for 3.215 ounce, and it's fresh.

Rainbows! :)

FreddyMom, I was shocked as well to find thesame thing at Petsmart! That dried papaya next to hay isproably the best stuffKaytee makes. Not to mentionthe healthiest ;)

FreddysMom wrote:
.....Kaytee distributes dried papaya! no sugar added, justpapays ...it wasnt that expensive either$1.75 for 2 1/2 oz.

PetGoods carries it, too.

The salesguy there was so funny. I said that I needed the kind that hasno sugar added and he goes "This is what you want...I tried them andthey're pretty tasty, too.":faint:

I wish my rabbits liked it. Of couse the little snobs don't! lol

My mom is giving me her dyhydrator and I plan to use that for pinapple.She made some for her parrots and the buns loved it. Now just need myVisa so I can move my stuff from the States up here!

The other day I bought a whole papaya in thegrocery store, cut it up into slices (because my family loves it) andcut about half the papaya into small 'treat-size' chunks, put them insome ziplock bags and stashed them in the freezer.

I've been using the frozen papaya as treats for Cookie and he goes MADover them. I have NEVER seen him go nuts for somethingbefore. Everytime he gets any he just keeps begging andbegging and following me around. Yesterday he ate his treatand spent 15 mins licking the spot on the floor where it was resting....

:bunnydance:

So no more dried stuff for us I guess (which is ok, since I ate the stash of dried papaya anyways... it's SO good!!)

Latest posts

Back