DOGWOOD TREE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigs4

Reaction score
CAN I GIVE MY BUNS CUT STEMS FORM MY FLOWERING DOGWOOD TREE. IT LOOKS VERY YUMMY FOR THEM

I have been looking for this for about 30 min.; I cannot find it on a bad list or a good list but I will keep trying
I do know that all branches have to be dried first except apple branches..
i will keep looking

I've had the same problem trying to come up with an answer.

IMO because I can't find it one way or another I'd avoid them.

According to this website it is one of the woods that is safe for making bird perches and toys.
The website also has info on how to clean and bake or dry branches.

Dogwood was also used by pioneers to brush their teeth. The pioneers would peel off the bark, bite the twig and then scrub their teeth :biggrin2:. Not that that has anything to do with bunnies, but at least it means it is not toxic.

Because there are different species of dogwood though, you should make sure to identify properly what exactly it is that you have growing.
May I ask where you are located? That may help identify it somewhat, at least if you have a native tree.

I LIVE IN ST LOUIS,MO. I GAVE A LITTLE LAST NIGHT AND HE LOVED IT. I KEEP LOOKING ALSO AND DON'T SEE ANYTHING BAD ABOUT DOGWOOD. JUST THAT DEER AND RABBITS LIKE TO DAMAGE THE TREES.

Latest posts

Back