does your rabbit......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenenicole

Reaction score
After I got my female bunny spayed...she peesall over the place!! When she comes out of her cage... she will go like6 times within an hours time...in her cage she goes all over thefloor...not in her litter box. After a bunny gets spayed can they goback to their old habbits?(before being litter trained) Or maybe itcould be that there are other bunnies around.....Im not sure what todo. She sure is being messy! Thank you for any advice!

Darlene

Can they go back to their old habits?Absolutely. Iszy still insists on marking "her territory"everytime she is out of her cage, especially around Pristine.

Do you have any other pets?

Thanks Lisa...I have four rabbits. Leilu andCorbin are bonded.Ruby is my male netherland dwarf and I just bought aholland lop, Twix. Leilu goes in the cage and goes potty, and then shejumps out and goes on the carpet. I think last night we cleaned up fourdifferent spots on the carpet and then I went in the cage cleaned uptwo wet spots, and then all the litter that Corbin likes to dig up!!

You should block that "pee spot" off so none ofthe rabbits have access to it. They are having a peewar. :D My buns do it all the time. Infact, I had to chicken fence practically the entire livingroom. :shock:

Good luck!

Here is what I did to my livingroom.

DSC03645.jpg

Thanks Lisa, Thats an excellent idea,right now Ihave everything that I can find blocking like underneath the cages thecloset door( so they cant chew on it Ill make sure I block off herspots!! Thanks again for the advice!

If you decide to do chicken fence, be VERYcareful to not leave any sharp edges. :)

What a cool idea. I did not notice the chicken wire until I read further down. The paint and the couch is absolutly georgous.

Cute pics of you and b/f right or am I wrong.

darlenenicole wrote:
.....and then she jumps out and goes on the carpet. I thinklast night we cleaned up four different spots on the carpet and then Iwent in the cage cleaned up two wet spots, ....
I have a similar problem with our newest bunnie. She was fine until wemoved her into the "bunnie room" with the rest of our warren. She thenfelt the need to mark the carpet outside her cage whenever she was out.And she always picked the same spots. After she was sure sheestablished herself she pretty much stopped.

I would suggest making sure the spots are as clean and ordor-free aspossible. I use a50/50 solution of white vinegar and water toclean and disinfected pee spots.That way they're less temptedto remark spots or overmark somebunnie elses mark.

Thank you SPM. That is my lovely rabbit-obsessed-by-marriagehusband.:love:

I have two "unauthorized toilets" in my livingroom, so I just cleaned them really good and put towels down wheneverthe girls are out. I was surprised that they didn't try tomove the towels. They leave them alone.

Laura

I tried everything to keep themfrom going in this spot. I put down linoleum; I put inanother litterbox; and I cleaned up the spot every day to take out theurine scent. Finally I put up the chicken fence.PROBLEM SOLVED. :brat:

Thank you for the great ideas everybody!! I havea pet safe carpet cleaner that I use, but i will defiantly give thevineger a try!! :)I didnt know if it was because of her surgery, orwhat. My bf thought they did something to her bladder. Thanks again!!

Not a prob Lissaa. You sure got a hansome hubby too.

Darlene: I think it was cute what your b/f said about they did something to her bladder. lol

i have a one sided pee war at my house, and theculprit is Rue. i put a litter box where she liked to pee. worked forme. now first thing when she is let out is to do her business in thelitter. then Kweli comes out and goes staight for the box too.

Lisa, i love that picture! what a happy family,

Nicole

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
What a cool idea. I did not notice the chicken wire until Iread further down. The paint and the couch is absolutly georgous.

Cute pics of you and b/f right or am I wrong.
Not to mention the hubby...:embarrassed:

Oh, wait...back to bunnies...yes, that is a good ideal Lissa.:bunnydance:

Sweetspeasmommie...yea we think she pees morenow than she did before the surgery. We may be imagining things...but ithink he was serious!:)

Jenniblu wrote: Not to mention the hubby...:embarrassed:

Oh, wait...back to bunnies...yes, that is a good ideal Lissa.:bunnydance:
Hahaha!

Back