does my rabbit need a bed??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pomlover1361 wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Pomlover1361 wrote:
Towels work for some buns but not all. Flospy eat my towels.You should have solid flooring in your rabbits huctch becuase bunnieseat their feeces. You should make sure that they have somentake of themtoo. Bunnie's feeces have some nutrients that they missed the firsttime through.
the special ones are generally takendirectly from the butt as they are made. "generally" it'sonly the very lazy or fat who make them on the floor first and then eatthem:)
Oh ok. I just finally understood what you were telling me. Yes they dogenerally that. But you should still have a towel just incase they drop a few:D

--------------------------

Pepper is very cute
I don't promote towels,however I have no problems with edible items, like grass mats, aboard, or things that can not be chewed like a totally flatfloor. (I have seen way to many blockages to be comfortablewith saying use a towel) While granted I know people have buns who doawesome with them I personally feel it can berisky.

pamela227 wrote:
Isthat one of those small cat/dog beds that you used as a bed for Pepper?He looks so comfy lol :D

~pam
You are correct it is a small cat/dog bed.I got it at Petsmartand told my husband we had to buy that for Pepper,so he be morecomfortable sleeping in his cage.We also use it in his pet carrier,whenwe take him in the car to go somewhere,like when we take him to the vetto get his nails clipped.He is so good in the car,he just lays down inhis pet carrier.Also,we take him to petsmart,when we go to buy hisstuff.They let people bring their pets in the store.Do you have apetsmart in your area?

Yup, we've got petsmart, petco, petgoods lol toomany stores with pet in front :)I've seen one on a website, Iforget what it is called, but its bascially the same as a smallerversion of a dog/cat bed only sized down to rabbit size but thedimensions weren't really that big I think it was somethinglike 12" long by 10" wide by 5.5" high. I was thinking about getting itfor my bunny but I don't think its big enough for her to stretch out inlol

~pam

We don't have any "Name Brand" Pet Storeshere....too small of a city! I wish we had a Petcetera! Those storesROCK! They got everything in there!! Pet Photography, Grooming,Obedience Training, supplies for like every animal you could think of!Peterborough is so under developed :( We only just got a FutureShoplast year... I think we might be getting another Wal-Mart....that'sabout it....75,000 people in this city and like 1 store to shop in...nowonder everyone leaves here....bah humbug! lol okay..I'm done.... Iwanna buy Megan a hat..or a big pink bow!

Where I live there isnt a wal mart. Noteven a sonic or mcdonalds! There are about 2000 people! VERY SMALL! Ihave to drive 2 hours before there is a pet store. Its 30 mins to WalMart! Right now Tiki is sleeping on a door mat that I cut to fit in thecage

Tucker loves his bed. Santa got him afaux fur (fake fur) bed for Xmas and he grooms it andlovesit. I'm sure any doe would fall instantly in love with him,especially after seeing his bachelor pad.

-Carolyn

Carolynwrote:
Tucker loves his bed. Santagot him a faux fur (fake fur) bed for Xmas and he grooms itandloves it. I'm sure any doe would fall instantlyin love with him, especially after seeing his bachelor pad.

-Carolyn
LOL! I saw one of those at PetSmart when we went lastweek and considered getting one for Sherman.

Tucker really lives the high life! :)

I got a little one for Bugaboo but her fat buttedmate who barely fits in it shoves her out so he can be in it and smashdown the side and she sits in the cardboard box. He is an overwieghtHolland Lop and they are the sweetest couple in the world. Deucy theHolland was put in our house while we were away by our pet sitterbecasue he was being mistreated in another home. Bugaboo is a very sadstory in so many ways. I will do a new post for that

Carolyn wrote:
Tuckerloves his bed. Santa got him a faux fur (fake fur) bed forXmas and he grooms it andloves it. I'm sure any doewould fall instantly in love with him, especially after seeing hisbachelor pad.

-Carolyn
Can you say spoiled? :pAnd my parents say my boys arespoiled! Well I got an absolutely adorable picture of Mocha in his"bed". He's more of a rough type, preferring a box of dirt over a fauxfur bed. He had his feet hanging over the edge of the box and was layinon his back and his front paws were out front.. it's hilarious, onlyset back is that it's on the old film camera and we need to use up theroll first, which I will in BC this week. So you will just have to waitto laugh at my little man. But if Mocha askes, it was a manly orhansomepicture ;)not cute! lol.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

P.S.- Oh ya! I'm sure it's a mixture offake and real fur by now, with the amazing amount of shedding ourlittle bunnies do!

A friend of mine made Do-do man a tent out ofpeter rabbit flannel material and used cardborad inside it tokeep its shape. He loves it and sleeps in it with his bum sticking outthe back. It also is used as a tunnel when he runs the bunny 500 eachday

Back