Does Bunnies ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annkierst1

Reaction score
Hello All

This is for who all can answer. Kiersten and I go away quiteoften, she's a violinist and as such, she performs in a lot of concertsall over the world. We are usually gone about 4 days out of amonth. My question is does Lola realizes when we are gone, Imean does she actually "miss my daughter"? We have someonethat comes in and feed her, change her cage, etc. But that'sall they do. Depending on what time of the day, they let herout to stretch her bunny legs. I do know when we get back,Lola has food all over the place. And sometimes, she even hasher "back" turned toward us. After my daughter pats her orplays for her, does lola react. As far as myself, I think shecould care less!

Annkierst

I'm pretty sure she does!

Mocha has been known to go off his food for periods of time when I donot give him at least 15 minutes of individual petting time a day, lol.He needs my attention and you can bet he acts almost depressed when I'mbusy studying and cannot spend extra time with him that night.

I think you make asignificant mistakeif you fail to give Lola credit for her innate intelligence andsentience. Rabbits are very sensitive to our feelings,particularly those of a sad nature, as many people here can attestto. In addition, rabbits have a sense of propriety, guilt,shame, and embarrassment. They also get angry, throw tempertantrums and can take insult for real or imaginedtransgressions. They, likewise, are able express joy andcontentment and can express their love for one another and humans invery real and tangible ways, like grooming and licking, rabbit kisses,if you will.

If you are genuinely interested in what rabbits think, feel, and do,take the time to peruse the following link and learn how to speak"rabbit." I am sure you will be quite surprised and, perhaps,view Lola's behaviors a bit differently afterward...that is if yourmind is not already made up with your preconceptions.

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Buck

Buck, what a great post! You explain things in such a wonderful way!

Some non-bunny people might think we are nuts, but when you have abunny playing and shaking his ears, suddenly come hopping up on you,bump your nose, and your lips, and then take off again.... You justknow he's saying "hi, I didn't forget you, I'm really having fun, and Ilove you!"

When you find "the spot" while giving a little scratchy message and youget many licks to you cheek because it's feeling so good! Youknow it's "thankyouthankyouthankyou!" lol.

Bo has been pretty lazy all weekend, but he has a couple of playtimeseach day. Last night he didn't get out before I went tobed. BOY! he was ticked! He was making a racketthrowing toys, ripping up cardboard, and hopping around hiscage! Believe me, I will not miss late night playanymore! :?

I agree that rabbits express lots of feelings, its easier to see if you know your rabbit for some time or from childhood.
Our bunny recognizes people and is afraid of some people more than others. He also kisses some people more.
Since we got him, he has changed dramatically, even showed his bunnitude a couple of times.

Latest posts

Back