do you keep your buns in or outside?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany

Reaction score
My Buster lives in my bedroom. I dont have anyproper outdoor caging so I'd be scared of stray cats and dogs gettinghim. That and its nice to have him around. I dont think I'd like tohave to go outside everytime I want to see him.

When I get Devon and Amber (the bunnies that Iam adopting) I will keep Devon in my room and Amber will live in mysister's room.

No bunnies at my house yet, but when I do getthem I will be doing a combo of the two. I am building some outdoorhutches, but will also have some in my basement so the bunnies can comeindoors for the winter and on extremely hot days. (However, when I'm athome they will either be upstairs having their run of the place withme, or outdoors in the yard with me ;)) I just don't have the roomindoors to keep bunny cages in the upstairs part of the house, or I'dprobably have them there. But when they are outdoors they will begetting just as much attention from me...they will probably only be inthe outdoor cages at night and when I'm working. :)

My two girls(Snuggy and Baby)live in a 3-story NIC condoinside. My boy (Napoleon;aka Po-Po) lives in a seperate2-story NIC condo inside. They are seperated because Snuggyis afraid of Napoleon.

Ally

Inside in our spare bedroom in a3story cage, but i take him outside for walks on the harnessand we have a fenced in area which he is in right now.

Inside. I don't have a backyard or I would makean outdoor run for her. We're thinking of making one at my in-lawshouse. She would be under close supervision if she was there.

I'm hoping that with time I can just leave the cage door open. I would love to let Mocha be a free-range house bunny!

INSIDE

Pebbles stays in her cage by the Kitchen. Then shegets 5 to 6 hours free run in the hallway. We are letting herexplore our house a little at a time now.

Rainbows! :angel:

all 3 of my boys are inside.. I don't allow themoutdoor time cause, 1. I don't have much of a yard.. and 2. they arepretty free spirited and I haven't had much luck with leashes in thepast.. :?

But they all share a spare bedroom.. divided it up between them andmade separate pens for them.. and they have free roam of the house allday.. well one at a time anyways..

Mandy

Mine share a cage indoors. Theystarted out in my son's room but now they are in the livingroom. On nice days in the morning they spend some timeoutdoors in a playpen and they are getting more freedom in the livingroom. When we are home and can watch them we just leave thecage open and them go in and out as they please.

Charlie

Don Cheeto is an indoor bunny. His cage ispretty uneventful; but its really only for poopin' and sleeping. I havea sitter for my two year old and three month old that loves animalsjust as much as I do, so Don Cheeto has free roam of the house prettymuch from sun rise to sunset.

Darn rabbit is spoiled. I pity the day when and if my children do into daycare and eventually school!

Mine are outside the first half of theday. Out in the run for about three-four hours.Then they hang in their hutch outside for a couple of hours while I getready for work. Before I leave for work (at about 2:30pm) Ibring them inside. I will only do that thru the hottest partof the summer. Then at night we play inside and we havesalads for dinner and they usually go to bed in their brand-new NICCondo :p. Then it's a wake-up call when Shortystarts clanking his slinky. "!WAKE UP MOM!! WE AREBORED AND HUNGRY!" Mine are half inside and halfoutside.

My buns are inside. Our spare room isfor the critters: 8 buns, 6 ferrets and 5 rats. Sampson, myFlemish, lives in my bed room. When I move, I'll have acritter room again. Sampson will probably be in the livingroom though.

Jen

Latest posts

Back