do rabbits ever give birth early?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funbunbun

Reaction score
well that one and what is the average gestation it's 30 -32 days right??

what is the most common you guys have seen??

does the number of babies the doe has change the length of gestiation??

gypsy only has 3 babies on board (we have done ultrasoundsand x-rays) and i wasn't sure if that would make a difference?

thanks

I guess the only way to really know exactlywhenis to watch your rabbits habits towards the 30th day?? I dont knowexactly whenmy Bugsy got mated with,bu thseismaking papaer nests butshehas been doing this for two weeks now, i think she is going throughaflase pregnanacy! we hope not! it would n not be her firsttime! The baby kit is in hte cage withher, for lack ofspacing andi want to know, does that effect the mother giving birthontime> Will the little kit whichis already 6 weeks of age getin thwe way of the birthing process?> Ztheothe rkitwas adopted already causehe was eating on his own for weeksnow! Heis strong and free and thsi other persons house he is\getting spoiled though! I visit him often and give advice whenneeded!

chipperluv!

I guess the only way to really know exactlywhenis to watch your rabbits habits towards the 30th day?? I dont knowexactly whenmy Bugsy got mated with,bu thseismaking papaer nests butshehas been doing this for two weeks now, i think she is going throughaflase pregnanacy! we hope not! it would n not be her firsttime! The baby kit is in hte cage withher, for lack ofspacing andi want to know, does that effect the mother giving birthontime> Will the little kit whichis already 6 weeks of age getin thwe way of the birthing process?> Ztheothe rkitwas adopted already causehe was eating on his own for weeksnow! Heis strong and free and thsi other persons house he is\getting spoiled though! I visit him often and give advice whenneeded!

chipperluv!

Day 21 is the earliest I've had a doe kindle andthat was for an aborted litter. It all depends on the doe I believe. Ihave one doe that has her kits on day 30 every time. I also have a doethat goes on day 32 every time as well as another on day 31.

So it all depends on that particular doe I belive with my experience.With my doe that kindles on day 32, she had a litter of 5 and a litterof 2 born each born on day 32. So her litter sizes range but her dateshe kindles on just about always stays the same.

I've had a friend that had her doe kindle on day 28 with happy healthy kits.

A rabbits gestation period is 28 to 34 days from most references I've seen.

Good Luck with your doe's birthing process! :D

~*~Amanda~*~

Latest posts

Back