do i have a boy and girl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynzilouwho

Reaction score
the feed store told me that iwasgetting 2 females and now one of the rabbits is mountingthe other and now the other one is laying around the cage is shepregnant and should i seperate.. i dont know how old they are oranything

Females are known to mountoccasionally. Mostly to establish dominance. Iwould separate them to be safe and schedule a visit with a vet todetermine what sex they are. Just to be safe...keep usposted. :p

Welcome aboard! P.S. We LOVE pictures ;)

OH!! Call the feed store and ask them how old they are...they should know that.

SHOULD THE MOUNT ALL THE TIME AND THE OTHER RUNFROM THE OTHER. I USED TO HAVE RABBITS AND I KNOW HOW TO CHECK SO IJUST DID AND I HAVE A MALE AND FEMALE. SO IF THE ARE MOUNTING DO YOUTHINK THAT THE FEMALE IS PREG YET?

If you just got the bunnies and you dont knowthe breed, or age, or anything, take them to your vet. There you canfind out what sex they are and how old they are. Please dont keep therabbits together until you have been to a vet. Then, you will stillhave to go through the bonding process. If you need more help...I leftmy e-mail in your other post about the cages, please e-mail me!!!

Never never neverhouse two rabbits in the same place unless you are 300% sure they areboth females, even then I dont suggest it. Never house 2 unneuteredmales, and NEVER house a unneutered male and a unspayedfemale.

~Amy

Are they neutered??? :shock:And how old are they?

Most people have serious problems with two males, like me, Peg and a few others.

I personally wouldn't let them live together, because thereissuch a hugechance they could fight and injure oneor the other.

~Amy

Thanks Amy yes I will be carefull I always keepmy beady eye on them, any signs of aggression and they will beseparated, but at the mo they are so in love I just hope it lasts

Seriously I amamazed! Its so awesome that you can keep them together :) I really havenever heard of two unneuterd males living together:shock::D

~Amy

P.S. You sure they are males?? :p

ayglnu13 wrote:
Seriously I am amazed! Its soawesome that you can keep them together :) I really have never heard oftwo unneuterd males living together :shock::D

~Amy

P.S. You sure they are males?? :p
Oh yes I'm sure its umm very noticeable

the reason they arenot fighting YET is one is only 5 monthsold give it another month or twoand all out war is going to happen.

samandshawn wrote:
Well we will just have to wait and see! I dont see whatdifference a coupple of months is going to make?
Hormones...my 2were living together peacefully and one night (about 3a.m.) we heardALOT of noise in there figured they were playing...the next day theyseemed fine..about a week later is when I first noticed Corky'ssore...and then the major infection..surgeries etc...Still don't knowfor sure, but it was most likely them fighting...will never know forsure...Homer and Corky are not allowed together...Homer is neutered andCorky is having that done today while they fix his leg yet again...butwhenever Corky even comes around Homer's cage he lunges at Corky alotof times. Good luck, I truly hope it works out for you....butplease be careful and check your bunnies over regularly...had Corky'swound been caught earlier it never woulda got to this extent...and Ikick myself over it often...bunnies are VERY good at hiding illnessestil its almosttoo late.

Latest posts

Back