Difficult male

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
I have two lionheads (brothers) that are anywhere from 6-10 weeks (big gap I know) the first male that I'll call Smoke for now, is loving (licks and nibbles my hand) and is the sweetest thing, along with him being so calm that I can take him in public with me // I like to show him off (; // the second male, I'll call Storm is just plain mean. He makes a rumbling noise and will run from me, he stomps and nips at my hands. I try to handle him as much as I can, without stressing him but it's not working. Any help?

He's probably reaching puberty and his hormones are raging, not all rabbits will become "mean" but it happens. In most cases, neutering will solve the problem. Forcing him to interact with you is probably not helping because he's a prey animal, you need to get him used to positive experiences, rather than being forced to cuddle etc. Someone recently posted a great video about it but I get the impression that your bunns behaviour is more hormone induced than just bad behaviour. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxV0j7SwBbk[/ame]

Latest posts

Back