Did I come off to mean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, no reply

and thanks guys.

Katie..I hope they seriously took the time to think about what you wrote in the email,it was really a good thing what you did...

mistyjr wrote:
One question??? Why are they trying to fight with selling rabbits for Easter?? I remember when I was little and getting bunnies for Easter!!
Rabbit's are commonly bought on impulse during Easter. The fun too often wears off (not to mention lack of education) resulting in a surplus of unwanted rabbits in shelters and rescues after the holiday.

Happi Bun wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
One question??? Why are they trying to fight with selling rabbits for Easter?? I remember when I was little and getting bunnies for Easter!!
Rabbit's are commonly bought on impulse during Easter. The fun too often wears off (not to mention lack of education) resulting in a surplus of unwanted rabbits in shelters and rescues after the holiday.
Rabbits (and chicks and ducks too), are bought as "presents" for people who never learnt about them, researched them etc., and so when the ickle chick grows up into a chicken, and the fluffy rabbit grows up (if they have survived- do u really think that the new "owner" is going to pay hundreds and hundreds of pounds on suitable housing and vaccinations, on an "easter present"?), thousands and thousands of chicks, rabbits and ducks are dumped in shelters or, even worse, set "free", where they are almost certainly being sent to their death.

I'm sure there are the VERY few people who actually research the concept of a rabbit before they ask, and the surprise is unveiled at Easter, and the rabbit is properly cared for etc, but these cases are rare.

Like was said before, pets given at Easter are impulse buys, and, in many many cases, impulse buys when it comes to pets just spell disaster, especially those like rabbits, cats, dogs, chickens, ducks etc. which look easy to look after, but then you realise there are things you didn't know (very important things), and they are incredibly complicated pets, but worth it none the less, if you are prepared to put the work in :)

Latest posts

Back