Diarrea?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytamer

Reaction score
Sugar my white flemish is have some problems. Her stools are soft and stick to the wire floor. Is this diarrea or something else? What can I do or give her to help her?

Does she also do her normal poos?

I'm wondering if these are excess cecals, or if she has full on squishy poo of all types.

What diet is she on? age? history? spayed? healthy?

They could be uneaten cecals, which are the "night poos" that they are supposed to eat. Do they look like bunches of grapes all stuck together? Does she produce any normal round poos at all?

Some of them look like grapes but most of them are just piles. She eats about a cup of pellets with some oatmeal. She is about six months old. No bad medical history. I don't think she is have regular poos.

That could be dietary. Does she get any hay? Is this a flemish? What does she weigh? I'd cut back pellets to max 1/2 cup and offer free-fed hay. If that doesn't help, or this diarrhea came on suddenly, it could be a serious disease. Bunnies with diarrhea go downhill quickly, so do the food reduction over a week or so and look for improvement. If it doesn't help, she needs to go to the vet asap. Also keep an eye on her to make sure she's hydrated.

diet must be 70% fiber,.ie.timothy/orchard grass,plus one ounce of quality high fiber pellets per pound of rabbit,.ie 6# bun=6oz.pellets daily,.anything else is a treat,.see house of rabbit for safe lists/do,s and don,t,.soft stools is poor diet,diareha is another-problem,ie coccidia,get on top of this problem quick,.sincerely james waller [email protected]

How's she doing? I would push lots of hay too! Less pellets as well. How active is she? Make sure she is drinking water. What a cutie!

How are the poos? I like them big and almost dry. If they are very small, it could be a hydration issue.

Keep us posted!:)

Back