Degu babies...a surprise!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupcake

Reaction score
Ok- this has nothing to do with bunnies but myson called me to let me know that one of the Degus he just got lastmonth surprisingly gave birth to 8 babies yesterday. He was excited& in shock. He called asking me what he should do

Now I am researching baby Degu info like crazy. Need to help him buy anew cage to house all the critters now !:)kaching!

He had no idea that the Degu was pregnant- when he bought her he calledhe "Biggie" because she was so much bigger that his other Degu's. Hethought he had all males...guess not! ;)She apparenlty wasgetter fatter the last month but my son had no idea that she wasexpecting. It takes 90 days for the babies to develop so she must havebeen pregnant when he got her from the petstore.

For those of you that don't know what a Degu is, it looks like a biggerbil. Take a look. He now has 12 Degu's so he will soon be lookingfor some good homes for them.

Here is a link if you want to see what the babies look like

http://www.geocities.com/jo_ooo/Breeding.html

Oh I think they're adorable! I've never seen one before. Thanks for the education!

-Carolyn

They are so cute! I had gerbils when I wasgrowing up, and while these aren't gerbils, it brought back a lot ofgood memories. :)

I'd take one off your hands if I could, but I am busy enough as it is with three rabbits and two cats.

Latest posts

Back