Decision about a bunsitter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*sAbRiNa*~

Reaction score
I have been invited to conference in May and I am trying to come up with the best solution for Sabrina. I would be gone from Thursday until Sunday. Here are my 2 bun sitting options. I would love to hear any input because I am a bit torn

1) My friend stays at my apartment with Sabrina. She is not a bun person but she is very knowledgeable with other animals (has dogs, cats and horses). Sabrina will be able to stay free run but probably won't get much snuggle time. I also like that her routine will be relatively the same.

2) Take her to some people who bunsit for me in December. She would get lots of cuddle time because their daughters are good with her but she is not allowed to be free run there. They also are not the best at keeping a routine (she never went hungry and I am not worried about quality of care in that respect) but not as routine focused as I am with her.

So keep the routine and free run or go for the cuddles? I am confident with both options and if one backs out I do always have the other. I just don't know which one would be "better". I would pay both options the same amount so that is not an issue.

I think I would go for having someone come to my house and stay with her. Moving to a new place is stressful and since it is only a few days, having someone come should be less stress. Your friend might come around and give lots of snuggles once she gets to know Sabrina.

I agree with Kate. 2 negatives for the latter~ strange environment and no free run which she is accustomed to. Just make sure you give her lots of cuddles before and after your trip!

I always try to keep my buns in their usual environment. Mine would freak if I took them to someone elses home. Would Sabrina be okay with going to another home? I usualy hire a pet sitter. That means they don't get out time and a lot of snuggles. But I know they feel better being at home. They both have issues just going in the car. They hate change. The pet sitter also keeps the same routine as me for feedings which I really like. I think it depends on the rabbit. If I thought mine would be okay if I would take them to someones house I would do it. But both of them get scared easy and don't even like people to come over. So taking them to someone elses house, especially if they had kids would be very stressful.

She has been to that bun sitter before (I went away for 12 days at Christmas time) and she is ok being in her carrier in the car. But I think that even just re-reading my original post it seems that getting my friend to stay here is the best option...not to mention everyone so far voting for that option.

Thanks guys! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back