Daily Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starry Night

Reaction score
Ugh I never realize I have rabbits for years. I mean... yeah I feed them, play with them, clean their crib but something I do on my daily basis is surreal. It's like I have an automatic button in my body and never really concious about wat I did. Not good eh?

Few days ago somehow I started to think about my rabbits. How old are they now? It's not a big thing tat I forgot my pets age since I even can't remember my own age most of the time, I think I have the short memory syndrome. Sigh. But this is the reason I took so many photos, so I can open the photos and see the date. And this was what I did. I opened some photo files in my computer and found out that my rabbits are almost 6 years old now.

I have 2 rabbits, Koko and Dede. I have them since they were inside their mommy's womb :biggrin2: They are mixed breed rabbits I think. I don't even know what rabbits they are, but their personality is the most important for me.

They were born in early 2004. This is both of them when they were baby bunnies.

PICT0267.jpg

With mom inside the cage

PICT0265.jpg

Koko and Dede are not real name actually. It's a indo-chine word for calling brother. Koko means big brother and Dede means little brother. In our culture, we don't really call people by their names to show respect and I decided to call my bunnies with the same concept.

I were not a breeder myself and basicly I only want one rabbit at home (I already had hundreds of hamsters, dogs, a tiny owl, and some other animals). But one day my friend's rabbit was sick and being unresponsible, he gave the sick rabbit to me. I brought the rabbit home and took care of the sick rabbit as good as I can as a regular pet owner with no skill at all.

The buck (the sick rabbit was male) was getting better and started to become so curious with my female rabbit. I always separate them in different cages because both of them weren't sterilized at that time. But a phone call ruined it. I went to grab my phone for a minute and the buck (i never know how) got into my rabbit's cage.

2 baby bunnies are not so bad. Actually I'm happy now to have them, but i got them neutered. Don't want to do the same mistake.

So, they grew very well. Getting bigger than their parents. Got so skinny when they were teenager. Dunno if it's normal for teenage to be so skinny.

These are the teenage Koko and Dede

P1010077.jpg

P1010063.jpg

And they're getting more weight as an adult. Their nose was more compact now.

They eat a lot of rabbits pellet, hay and fruit salad. But unlike their mommy, they love to spend time in their cage. Everytime i put them outside the cage, they'll jump back again into their cage. I have to drag them outside so they can play more.

They always been together all the time. Twin with different personality. The bigger one is a shy rabbit with calm behaviour, very sweet and cuddly rabbit. The smaller one is very cool and bite people except for me. I can put my finger safely in his mouth but another people cannot even touch his cheek. Both are very spoiled rabbit. Crazy about brush. Everytime I hold a brush they would run and sit quietly to have a good long brushing time.

With mommy. They were spoiled little boys. Always laid down snuggle with their mom even when their bodies were bigger.

DSC01530.jpg

Aw,I love the last picture, so precious!:heartsKoko and Dede are two very handsome boys.

Happi Bun & hartleybun : Thank you for the comments. Every bunnies are beautiful in their own way I think.

Today...
I went to a shop and bought things for them. New bottle, new lash, apples, carrots... And I really loved some cute shirts but I didn't buy the shirts. It's rainy season here, but since we're in a tropic climate it's still too hot for rabbits.

They were very suspicious with their new lashes. Got so nervous at first...

DSC_2469.jpg

Getting ready for some street adventure

DSC_2486.jpg

bunnies on leashes! there is no way that my two would ever let me put a leash on them:biggrin2: congratulations to koko on being the bunny on the banner too:bunnydance:

Your bunny's are beautiful. I would be very careful with a collar on a bunny like that, if they get scared the could injure themselves. If you can get a harness, that would be much safer for them.

Great pictures by the way.

Dave

Latest posts

Back