Curious biting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
2 new bunnys i have are not extremely tame. Very skittish. Well they bite...ill be ignoring thrm then the nudge so i pet them, then they sniff my fingers and lick, but then they bite. Its not out of aggression, but they dont nibble. They draw blood. Is this just curious biting and will it stop? Worries me with young kids

I've forgotten their ages. Are they young & trying to nurse? If not, maybe they're used to a water bottle & think your fingers are one, then bite when there's no water or milk.

I'd say to stop them at the licking stage & see what happens.

Molly just turned 2 and does this. I have a nice bruise on my arm right now from her. At the licking stage I will shift and pet her instead.

Dont know ages. 9-12 weeks. Idk how much theyve been handled, when weaned or anything though

Neville and Luna, both at 6 weeks old, have never bit so hard to draw blood. Both have licked the spot and then nip to see what it was. Babies are so curious. Not once have any of my bunnies bit out of fear or aggression.

K:)

Timmy used to nip quite a bit when we first adopted him. I'm convinced they don't know it hurts. Basically what we did was whenever he bit, we'd make a short, high-pitched noise. It definitely caught him off guard and in time there was no more biting, so I'd say it worked!

Whenever they begin to nibble i ecreech and smack my hand on the ground, they look at me funny but its happening a lot less!

Latest posts

Back