creosote oil? toxic?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesska

Reaction score
well iv just bought amazing cage 6 foot long e.g got ups and down area and someone in the family said its soft wood you need it painting cause with this weather its gunna kill it(raining) so he got me a big tin had no nameon it apart from dark brown until half way though i was por some into a jar to paint in it said creosote oil on the bottom oh gosh i freak i thought it was brown paint its not allowed in the country anymore but a old family member got it me and so in hes days he would of used it,anyways no one going in it for a least a months,but iv painted the bottom flooring and the bit of wood that parts the bed room and other area off i know inSend their other cages they like 2 have a chew of that but if they chew it will it harm them? i mite be just over fussy over them when every saying be fine just like 2 make sure lol i dunno if any of you will be able to help me but ill ask my vet on monday

I just asked my husband says it is toxic and not to use it you need to get an animal friendly stain or just do outside if they can't chew that bit

ohh ths is such good news i looked on the company what said on bottek bartoline and said its fine after 48 hours for animals cages guessing that means its ok to chew lol aww so glad to hear that thought i just wasted alot of money

Latest posts

Back