Cottage Season!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
Anyone here have a cottage?

Post pictures !

We have a camping trailer (no, we do not live there year round ;) ) we go to in the summer.
Babii stays here at home and we get someone to visit her daily.
Sparky, although LOVES it there. He refuses to go inside unless it's raining, then how dare we subject him to such horrible weather ;)
We put one of those metal turny-thingys in the ground, with the long leash/cord thinger (gotta love my terminology) with an umbrella (it WAS for the patio table, but we have a awning that covers the table).

Sparky ;
nflk4j.jpg

This is pretty much what the trailer looks like, this is my Brother and my other brothers ex-fiancé (they were together at the time :p).
mlk1u9.jpg

I don't have one, though my sister used to have a really nice cottage up on Lac Cayamant (think I spelled it right) on the Quebec side. Unfortunately they had to sell when their only neighbor on that side of the lake threatened them...not-so-subtly suggesting that anything can happen in the woods at night, such as their cottage catching fire with them in it, or a stray bullet meant for a deer might accidentally hit them....when they complained about his constant partying/loudspeakers on full blast throughout the night/drinking and shouting all night/illegal hunting on their property, etc. I used to go to the cottage with them sometimes on weekends, and it was absolutely beautiful there, at least, when the neighbor wasn't at his.

My tenant does the same thing as your family, Brandy...he has a trailer that he keeps at a camping grounds - I forget the name of the lake, but it's actually not far from Lac Cayamant - and he heads up there the last weekend of May and stays until the end of September. Good thing the season didn't start this weekend tho; holy moly, it's cold! And wet.

I hope you get some really nice weather when the season starts this year!

:D

From what I recall, they tried...but when they went to the station to report him, it turned out that the guy was friends with the officer who was in charge of that area. That's when they finally gave up and sold the guy their cottage and land (which is what he'd been after all along). Apparently he was a drug dealer with connections - so my sis and her husband opted to take the safe way out of it all.

So now my sister (no longer married) just chooses to rent a cottage for herself and the kids. It was really sad that she lost her cottage, but given things that could have happened, I'm just glad no one got hurt. She vows to have another one some day. :)

At any rate, have fun when you and your family head out to open your trailer! (I think that's always the best part...the first day when you get there and have finally aired everything out, are settled in and are relaxed.)

Latest posts

Back