Cost of spaying/neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
Since I joined this sight yesterday I have noticed that a lot of people talk about spaying and neutering their rabbits. My question is How much does this generally run?? I was a breeder for 4 years of rabbits so have never considered it before. I have also never considered keeping 2 rabbits together. I highly doubt that my parents would let me get another bunny let alone take one to the vet (sad I know, we spend WAY too much at the vet on our dogs and cat as it is). I am just wondering for in the future.

We paid $220 for our boy and $320 for our girl. We live in northern Virginia, so being near a big city might mean higher prices. Prices are usually lower in rural areas.

The normal cost at our vet is $257, but our rescue gets them done for $65. The wonderful thing about our vet is that if the person says they can't afford the fee, they give them my phone number and tell then to call me. I think it is because by going through our rescue, the vet is able to write off the difference as a charitable contribution on their taxes.

It really depends on the area and who is doing it. I got Harvey's neuter done thru my local SPCA (they always have rabbits and always spay and neuter) and their price for males is $35. However that did not include pain meds. I would have had to get that thru my vet. My vet would do a neuter for $170.

I'm spending $170 on my buns spay Thursday. It's going to be worth every penny because bunny puberty is driving us both crazy. Extra pain medication will be $35, but I was told she might not need it.

Latest posts

Back