colour question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekkispets

Reaction score
Hi

Im just wondering if anyone can tell me what would you expect if you bred a lilac to a bew rabbit?What colours are likely to appear?

Thanks in advance :)

Your liable to get mostly Vienna's, which are non-showable BEW carriers because of the markings. You may also get some normally marked (non-carrier) bunnies that are possibly showable. In order to produce BEW, you need to breed VMxVM (25%), VMxBEW (50%), or BEWxBEW (100%)

As for actual colors, it depends on what colors the parents have in their pedigrees :)

Icarus wrote:
Your liable to get mostly Vienna's, which are non-showable BEW carriers because of the markings. You may also get some normally marked (non-carrier) bunnies that are possibly showable. In order to produce BEW, you need to breed VMxVM (25%), VMxBEW (50%), or BEWxBEW (100%)

As for actual colors, it depends on what colors the parents have in their pedigrees :)
:yeahthat:

Bred to a BEW. ALL Vienna carriers. Some may not show it, but the gene will hide in there and mess up the colors down the entire line. Anything that comes from a BEW line should be kept with BEW lines.

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Bred to a BEW. ALL Vienna carriers. Some may not show it, but the gene will hide in there and mess up the colors down the entire line. Anything that comes from a BEW line should be kept with BEW lines.

I was wondering about that today!

So:
VMxVM = 25% BEW, 25% Regular, 50% VM
VMxBEW = 50% BEW, 50% VM
BEWxBEW = 100% BEW
BEWxNC = 100% VM and VC (vienna marked and vienna carrier)

Am I right? I was pondering on how you can have bunnies that don't show Vienna, yet carry Vienna, and how on earth would you know that they are Vienna if they don't show it?

But...if you breed two Viennas, then anyone not showing Vienna doesn't carry the gene, correct?
Or is there still a high chance of said bunny being a carrier and just being tricky about it?

Latest posts

Back