Clothes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la

Reaction score
I have been wondering thisfor a long time. Is there a place that makes rabbit clothing? I haveyet to see any clothes. I notice there are many clothes for dogs andcats. Granted some outfits might fight some rabbits, mine is too small,espically in the "arms". If there is a place/person that makes rabbitclothing, may I have the link??

Since rabbits chew the clothing and the nylonfibers can be very dangerous for the rabbit to ingest, I doubt there ismuch of a market for bunny clothing.

However, rabbit costume contests are very popular and I have seen somereally neat outfits!

Pam

I think clothes for any animal (except blanketsfor horses and related animals in the winter/sheets/flysheets) areinhumane to the animal.

You might try decorating a "jacketed" harness!

d_2857.jpg
Thisone is made by the brandname "Superpet" I think it looks cute as is,but I don't see why you couldn't put some bows on it orsomething--(Just don't want your bun to eat them!)

Prizm wrote:
You might try decorating a "jacketed" harness!

d_2857.jpg
Thisone is made by the brandname "Superpet" I think it looks cute as is,but I don't see why you couldn't put some bows on it orsomething--(Just don't want your bun to eat them!)
I use this harness so my kids can go outside....people just love it...but its only on when we're going out.

I didn't necessarly mean cloth clothing, but the costumes thing sounds intresting.

I don't necessarly think it's inhumane, what if therabbit stays outside? then would they be having the same effect as ahorse blanket for a horse, but only with a rabbit. I wouldn't force myrabbit to wear things, if she doesn't like such items I wouldn't makeher wear anything, wether it be costum or clothing. It's just so commonto see animals wearing clothing now days. My mother has shirts for hertwo dogs, and she only puts them in it when they go outsideduring the winter, once they come in they're taken off.

We have that harness for her, she isn't too fond ofit, but if we ever go anywhere I usually have to put her in it. I tryto avoid putting her in it though, it seems to be uncomfortable forher, but until I can get her a pen to play in outside, and we don'thave to worry about fleas and/or ticks then she must stay on theharness.

I've never thought about bows. That would be cute.I'm somewhat afriad she would get even afterwords though, she's good atthat. :D

Thanks for the input.

I've used ear bows, etc. from Build A BearWorkshop (see avatar). I just put them on for photos, thentook them off. Their clothes might work for costumes as well.

Laura

I use infant clothing (6-9 months and up) for myrabbit. The baby shirts fit him well because babies havechubby short arms like rabbits. I just turn the shirt aroundbackwards so that it is roomier along his back. Vash is notfond of being dressed up, but puts up with me cause he lovesme. Right now, I don't dress him up becasue it is too hot Ifeel. Just wait until the weather gets cooler...lol.

Never thought of baby clothing!! But I agree theweather is really hot and humid here... But it refuses to rain. Walkoutside, walk into a sauna.

Laura wrote:
I've used ear bows, etc. from Build A Bear Workshop (seeavatar). I just put them on for photos, then took themoff. Their clothes might work for costumes as well.

Laura

I always smile when I see your avatar -- it is so adorable! :love:

Pam

Jenniblu wrote:
Vash is not fond of being dressed up, but puts upwith me cause he loves me.

AW! Jennifer, that is so sweet! What a darling!

I never thought about baby clothing either! Seems so simple though. One of those, "DUH!" things...

Though, Jenniblu, how large is your rabbit?

"I don't necessarly think it's inhumane, what ifthe rabbit stays outside? then would they be having the same effect asa horse blanket for a horse, but only with a rabbit."

The thing to remember with rabbit clothing is that they should alwaysbe supervised, so you shouldn't just leave it on them for warmth evenif they like it. Also, wild cousins of our domestic rabbits live justfine in Britain and northern Europe. These places have cold winterstoo. Domestic rabbits would need nesting boxes with hay to replace thewarrens. Keeping the hutch in a shed would help a lot too, as would another way to keep the wind and snow off the bun.

Malo wrote:
I think clothes for any animal (except blankets for horses andrelated animals in the winter/sheets/flysheets) are inhumane to theanimal.

My dog gets EXCITED when he gets to where his jacket when we go out inthe wintertime. Also, greyhounds, chihuahuas, etc., should wear jacketsin the cold of winter when walking and such. So animals do actuallyenjoy wearing the clothing. Not to say that a rabbit would.

Llama wrote:
Malo wrote:
I think clothes for any animal (except blankets for horses andrelated animals in the winter/sheets/flysheets) are inhumane to theanimal.

My dog gets EXCITED when he gets to where his jacket when we go out inthe wintertime. Also, greyhounds, chihuahuas, etc., should wear jacketsin the cold of winter when walking and such. So animals do actuallyenjoy wearing the clothing. Not to say that a rabbitwould.
I agree that some dogs enjoy it but Ithink a bun is very different

Let me clarify: I rarely dress myrabbit, and when I do he is under constant supervision. Yes,I do it because he looks cute in his outfits, and since I can't havechildren he will have to do. :p Also, I never dress him inhot weather since rabbits can overheat far easier than succumb tocold temperatures.

Latest posts

Back