Cleanliness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reemy

Reaction score
Hi! I just want to ask. My rabbits are starting to smell really bad and I dont know why, its probably from peeing alot on the hay and then sleeping on it. I am getting unconfortable with the smell. Is there any way that I can clean them possibly wash them a little with water or something?

Also, is there a way that I can get rid of tge putrid smell of pee and poop? I have to clean the litterbox every two days and it gets tiering sometimes with my busy schedule.

What substrate are you using in the litter box? The best to use is wood stove pellets or recycled paper pellets (like back2nature).
Their smell should go away if you manage to keep them from laying in their pee, it’s best not to wash them unless they are really messy, but even then only their feet or bottom, not a full bath.

hmm.. are you sure it's your rabbit or is it the housing area? Maybe you need a bigger litter box? I had a regular corner one for rabbits and I had to clean it every other day. Now I have a big litter box from Walmart and I fill it with wood stove pellets, and so far I've found I need to clean it about twice a week to keep the smell down. I also put a ton of hay there which someone else on here said acts like a sieve. What really smells for my bun is if he produces too many cecotropes and those really stink.

Latest posts

Back