Cirrustwi's Bunny Journal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got home from picking up Corky fromAmanda. She had to rehome her because of some things going onin her life. It was really hard for her. Corky issettling in here at my house. She's a little traumatized, butI'm sure she will be ok in a few days. She's a very sweetgirl. I'll post pictures soon.

Jen

Wow you sure got home late. Poor Jen so busyworking, getting more buns, and caring for all of your Zoo. That isgreat that Corky is ok now and you are home safe too. I was hoping youwould get her today.

uh-oh whats the count up to now?? j/k ... thatis wonderful you were able to help her out and take the bunsin!! make sure youre getting in some time to take care ofyourself between workin and takin care ofall those critters!!

It all works out ok. The rabbits runon a schedule. That's the only way to do it. Irotate doing litter boxes and complete cages and time out.I'm usually home for the majority of the day, so someone is always outin some part of the house. Usually 2 or 3 buns are out at thesame time, just in different places. Right now, Sampson isrunning around down here, Dillon is in the bunny room and Elvis is inthe hall. We have lots of baby errr...bunny gates.LOL

I actually have a friend whose pushing me to take one more.We were at Pet Supplies Plus last night and they had a bunny "free withset-up". She told the guy that I have a set-up, so could Ijust take him? Well, of course he said yes. Theyhave had the little guy for like 3 months. He is a crazyman. He had a complete fit when I tried to holdhim. He clawed the heck out of my neck and even got myface. I couldn't take him then, the man would have thought Iwas nuts and I was bleeding all over the place. Anyway, myfriend called me later and was asking if I'd thought about taking himanymore. She was like "he'll never find a home with thattemperament and they have those little tiny ones..."

Jen

Poor Jen. I think you need to recouperate yourself first before you take in anymore. I know you would do asmuch as you can but right now you need to catch up and do somethingwith your self. I feel you Jen and I feel bad that I had you take Abbythen I get SweetPea. I know that you don't mind because you love herbut it is just that I went and got a new bun. Don't think I neverwanted Abby it was a stupid thing between the landlord and us.

Im glad to hear that Corky is doing ok I alreadyreally miss her. It is so weird now without dillon, corky andFonzie that front entryway looks so empty. Bunny is happythough because she is Queen of the house again. It was reallyhard to give them all up but it was best for them. How isCorky doing today any less traumatized?

Well we got corky, dillon, and Abby in goodhands of a wonderful bunny mommie. We all know that they are well lovedthe same way as she loves her buns she has had before them. I hopeCorky is less traumatized too today. The heat is really getting upthere for our critters.

Corky is doing better today. She'sstarting to settle in. I think it's going to take her a fewdays. She's stopped looking at me like I'm thedevil. I actually have everyone in their cages right now,because the heat here is just awful. They all have their icybottles and 2 fans blowing on them. They are staying as coolas possible. I'm hoping to get some pictures taken tonight ofAnissa, Delilah and Corky.

Amanda: Is Corky a wire chewer? I may put her in my room, but there are lots of wires there.

Jen

The heat is terrible. We took the our whiteoscilating fan and put it in the critter room. We have 2 of themblowing on all the critters plus a fan in the window and a ceiling fantoo. They are kept cool as possible too. I have a bottle coming out ofthe frezzer in a few mins for SweetPea.

This picture is from Amanda's thread.It's Corky. Any guesses on a breed? We know she's amix, but of what?

CorkyatAmandas.jpg

Yea she is a big one... Jen I haven'thad any problems with her chewing wires but like I said she chews onplastic and also once I had to keep her in the hotel bathroom overnightand she chewed the plastic doorstop off. So I would say thatif the wires arent protected I wouldnt trust her. She hasntchewed any here but that doesnt mean she wont.

I just spent some time with Corky.She's doing really good. She settled in and came out of hercage of her own accord. I'm going to move her into my bedroomwith the other big buns for a few days so she doesn't have to deal witheverything at once. She's such a love. Amanda didsuch a good job with her. She thumped at me when I came inthe room, but with a little love, she calmed down.

Jen

I've been away for theweek. Shawn and I were house hunting and I was jobhunting. Anyway, apparently my critters decided that "whenthe cat's away, the mice will play". LOL

First, Delilah and Anissa have mastered escaping from theircage. My mother kept having to put them back.LMBO They reeked havoc inmy room, knocking overpictures, digging through the closet...I have so much cleaning to dotomorrow. :p

Corky apparently doesn't appreciate my mom in the least. Shekept thumping at her every time she went in to feed them or let themout.

Mom was bitten by a rat and scratched by a ferret...

The cat ran away and had to be chased, twice.

The list goes on. Every day I got a call about what animals had done what that day.

How will I ever get a pet sitter??? LOL

Jen

Oh, I know they don't like it whenI leave. The dogs went nuts when I came home. Jakehas been following my Mom everywhere, he didn't know what todo. The rabbits will give me the "butt" until I've provenmyself worthy again. The ferrets won't really care, they'rejust happy I'm back, but I know they will be nuts tomorrow when theyget their play time. It's the rabbits who punish me most forgoing away. I'm not sure what they will do when I'm gone for2 weeks in the spring on a cruise. LOL

Jen

Latest posts

Back