Circling feet, and making a wird noise..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazedAConfused

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have had Nikita (petshop the previous owner got herfromsaid was a girl)for awhile now, and then werecieved a Rex bun (which we told was a girl) named Velveteen..

I have not yet put them together, but I have been putting thier cagesby each other and they can sniff the other when out on freetime (I sitthe cage of the other bun on the floor)

This morning Nikita kept leaving small spots of urine everywhere and Ihad seen her spray? at least once by the cage of Velveteen.. I think itwas spraying, was only a small amount and she was mostly standing whenshe did it..

She has also been circling my feet all day lol She has alsobeen making a strange noise when ever she runs, almost like loudbreathing.. but she doesn't do it when she is sitting stillor is calm. (she is a bit overweight, which I am trying to slim herdown)

Is everything ok with her, and does this sound like male actions or do females also act the same way?

They have no aggresive behavoir towards each other at all, so is this agood sign? They mostly just sniff each other through the cage.. I am alittle nervous about trying to bond them.

Hey Dazed! Sounds like the 'circling'bunny might be courting you. Sounds like ...ummm... how do Isay???.... mating behavior. The noise, is it a kind of gruntor oink? Sounds like a mating dance, so to speak.And I believe females are much more territorial than males.Both males & females can spray. I don't know how togo about bonding females. I'm sure a resident expert willoffer you some great advice.

Hugs!

Shorty, Star & Krick

Are you posativeitis a female ? its sounding more like amale , you may want to check tobe sure.

Latest posts

Back