Cinabun Stud

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Cinabun stud started with Dido who was my first rabbit as an adult and my gorgeous boy. it was because of him we ended up going into breeding netherlands because his nature was just so cheeky and he made us fall in love with the breed. His nickname was cinabun because he looked black but was a dark sable so when he moulted he went all beautiful shades of brown and red. SO i have to start with a pic of him!!

didgitalcamera386.jpg

I have to start with a couple out of our recent litters because I have promised Tracy. Here is Stripe and Phantom. Phantom is a doe and will be staying with us (cross your fingers she stays a she :p)

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

your rabbitry is gorgeus it's very creative and pretty. I love the name plates in front of the bunnies cages. It looks like alot of work to get it so nice!

Our main colour we work with is Chinchilla as our first show bunny was Jin who is a chinchilla. but origionally it was blue i wanted to breed and thats what i went searching for! Unfortunatley mini lops had just become the rage and a lot of breeders were getting out of nethies for the more placid mini's!! I was having difficulty getting blues. Bruce had got Floyd who was a lionhead and I had only wanted a blue otter pet to go as a partner after a spay and neuter but finding out how many people thought nethies were "unpredictable" and not as "cute as a mini lop" and really that and blue being not so common anyway made us talk about breeding.

Unfortunately not having any genetics knowledge and still beign slightly in that "pet" mind we ended up with a couple of smokes because they were to gorgeous to leave behind!!

so our origional set were...

Saffy (who was at least blue!!)

DSC00151.jpg

Floyd. Bruce fell in love and wanted him as a pet which is what he was. after the slip with Boo he went straight for his neuter!!

DSC00139.jpg

Boo who was just a baby and so cute!! not the best reason to breed and oh boy was she a learning curve!!

DSC00141.jpg

We mated Boo to Floyd not intentionally we didn't think he was old enough just as I would say do not do to people in the rabbitry now and here is why! she went into labour and had her first baby textbook at 8.30am. Bruce was waiting with her to check everything is ok 11am still strainig no more babies so down to vet one oxytocin injection later and back home still nothing wait a few more hours back to vet another one still nothing 2 pm Boo rushed down to vets again and she was taken in for a emergency section, they spayed her while they were in there. Luckily she trusted us so we were able to get the baby suckling and after 4 days she took over by herself and that one baby remarkably survived despite our limited knowledge and that baby is Squishy. unfortunately we lost Floyd when he was only 2 years old but Squishy is very like him.

I couldn't get a buck at this point who was blue which was a problem but was not planning on mating staright away so took them home got them settled and then would go back later to get a buck!

So after our first problem which brought along Squishy

DSC00119.jpg

we had another think and went back to the same breeder and got Molly another marten smoke

30052006007.jpg

Unfortunately we had a problem when we did mate Molly to Alfie who you will meet later and she died after having her first litter I think she choked on the afterbirth. it was very sad she was abeautiful little girl :pink iris:

At the same time we got Lucy who is a black otter. She was a little bit older and Bruce fell in love again (he has a thing for black otters still does!)

DSC00686.jpg

Obviously we were doing ok for getting does though not really in the colour we needed so we spoke to the breeder again and she put us in touch with Mike and then a new era began!!

Oh my goodness.
So many adorable little nethies, so little time! I just LOVE Stripe and Phantom. Are they vienna-marked? I've never seen Nethies with markings quite like those, what beautiful babies!

Thanks Irish bunny we have put a LOT of time as well as money into our sheds :D

Jess. Yes they are vienna marks they have been put through my bew to my rew who is really smoke ;)but they are vienna marked ghost chins there is one more in that litter as well who is not so marked as those 2 :)

EEK! Iwill have to camp out in this blog too.

More stories and pictures please :D

I love the fact you started the blog with Dido. What a beautiful face to see when you open this page :)

(oh and sorry I disappeared last night, I'll tell you about it later).

awwww thankyou guys :)and thans Trace i wanted to start at the beginning but I will eventually get pics of all the buns I have at the minute.

Ok so we needed bucks so we went to see Mike. Mike is hilarious and knows so many people in the fancy (rabbit showing) which we never even knew about at the time. I was more planning to breed like Tracy would just to have the rabbits i wanted and keep them all.

so we went to Mikes to get a buck to go with our does and came home with dennis

DSC00155.jpg

and Jack Black for Lucy who was a bit of a character

DSC00047.jpg

and my amlfi Alfie ( who really has come to take a place very similar to Dido)

DSC00418.jpg

We also got Miffy who is a smoke bred REW so is really smoke but hiding it under her lovely white coat :pMiffy is my bestest foster mum she actually has 2 fosters in her nest as well as her own 3 babies at the moment!

DSC01219.jpg

And Evie who is beautiful. she is now living in Cumbernauld at our friends and partners in breeding Kathy and ANdy

DSC00393.jpg

He also spoke to us about getting into showing rabbits and we went back up to him and got Jin who was just for showing but really led us to our love for chinchilla rabbits and why we breed them now! so expect to see a lot of chins on here lol!

This is Jin showing off after his Best in show that he won May 2008 at the west of Scotland show I was so proud and he went home in my arms getting cuddles all the way!!

DSC01563.jpg

kherrmann3 wrote:
Fluffy bunny pantaloons! :biggrin2:

Couldn't have said it better.

There is a reason why nethies are my faves. As I said Polly if you ever come here a Chin nethie is a must for me.

Ok so thats how we got started! now onto the babies I have at the mo. I posted Phantom and Stripe earlier but there is another one in that litter who is not so mismarked so here he is wth Mimi who is Mimzys baby that I fostered to Miffy

DSC02464.jpg

Mimi

DSC02429.jpg

and this little one is a story in itself! it has also been fostered to Miffy's litter. We had been given a lionhead doe on a bunny date with Bill. but she wasn't up for it on the day we were meant to take her back to her owner we got up to find 3 babies :shock:. unfortunately she scattered her nest and 2 died but this little one had stayed were the nest had been and managed to stay cosy so we moved it over to Miffy to increase its chances and as you can see it is doign well :D

DSC02434.jpg

and here are the 3 of them together

DSC02462.jpg

These 2 chins are Zoes babies (my black fox)

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02518.jpg

and these 3 are from my chin doe Padamae (I tell ya I mated 2 chins together and I got a blue fox a black fox and a squirrel!! they are all girls and they are called black fox is called Ros the blue fox I have decided to call Tracy (after Flashy cause blue is my fave colour and trace is one of my best friends) and the squirrel is called Lauren (ros and lauren are mum and daughter who I have met through showing rabbits and have been really nice to me)

DSC02496.jpg

and this is my bew litter I had 3 but lost one :(

DSC02478.jpg

Current buns!! not for eating mind you lmao.

I still have Saffy, ALfie, Dennis, and Boo

Nibbler also lives in the house

DSC00288.jpg

Daisy Moo

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

Hercules (related to Tracys dopeys!)

DSC02101.jpg

Milly

DSC02112.jpg

Zoe

DSC02113.jpg

Lisa who we bred ourselves

DSC02131.jpg

J.B my pet cheeky dutch bun who has recently decided that crunching teeth is to boring when getting cuddles he prefers to groom my couch!! now if we can get him to scotchguard we would be sorted ;)

DSC01989.jpg

And of course Sully my big gorgeous boy :D

DSC02322.jpg

Latest posts

Back