Chewing vs. Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebraprint

Reaction score
Abby loves playing with paper towel rolls and will do quite a number on them. But I'm just wondering if it's safe that she's eating/chewing so much of them. Should I be worried about blockage...? I purposely only let her play with them when I'm around so I can take them away when she goes from tossing them to chowing down.
Any other suggestions on toys? I know rabbits like to chew, I just don't want her doing damage to herself from it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Cardboard is just wood pulp - not particularly different from hay stalks - and it disintegrates pretty well when chewed and swallowed.

Blockage is a concern for fibrous undigestible stuff like carpet fibers or styrofoam or other plastics.

She's definitely consuming it... I never find pieces anywhere. And when I take the rolls away from her she'll sit there looking at me as she finishes eating the last bit of cardboard she bit into. Such a troublemaker and she knows it lol

Latest posts

Back