Checkered Giant gotcha day on the calendar, finally...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I can't wait to meet them. It will be a day's drive but worth it when I get to bring them home.

FINALLY!

Denise:highfive::jumpforjoy::yes::party::happyrabbit::trio

Good luck. We have a checkered Giant--didn't know she was gonna be huge when we rescued her--17 pounds of fun. She is the sweetest bunny we've ever seen. Real genuine lap rabbit too. Loves being held and petted while on your lap.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;41/st/20090620/e/Checkered+Giant+Express+/k/84f3/event.png"></a>

Countdown... I may need help with this one! :) HELP!

Denise

It is official - my oldest son Andy will ride with me... a mom and son bonding road trip!

He is as excited as I am - he was the one who originally got me excited about this breed.

At least three Checkered Giants will arrive here late Saturday evening the 20th... possibly more as the breeder may have a few extras for us to take according to his email.

This road trip is the Checkered Giant Express... stay tuned!!!!

Denise
:inlove::pinkbouce::jumpforjoy::yes::bunny18:party0002::trio:toast:

event.png

Theres your ticker!
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

A week from today at this time I should be on the way back from Ohio... Andy is committed to the ride - Tim was in shock that Andy wants to go...Benn is like "Oh God, not more rabbits..." But, there is the fall showing season and I am so looking forward to it now with the Hollands, Juliette (English Spot) and the Checkered Giants to show.

Plus, Juno is expecting kits on June 28th...after seeing Axel's gorgeous tort daughter clean up at the Canandaigua show, I am hoping he (and Juno are)/is working some magic on the kits I have in production.

:biggrin2: Denise

Tim and Andy helped with the second cage...got Benn's cosmetology graduation tomorrow night so I will be on duty finishing the cages prior to next Saturday.

I can't believe it really is going to happen...our Checkered Giants!

Denise

Hit a speed bump... pay day is SUPPOSED to be Friday but since I work at a school and the teachers are contracted to be paid in full before July 1st, we have to wait until June 24th to get paid... I asked my coworkers, are you kidding me?

Secretaries don't make teacher salaries (the teachers also get a payout check in addition to the last paycheck) and we have to work all summer. So, that is my vent for the day...Waah, waah, waah, accompanied by a tiny violin. Why did I not go through with my original plan of being an art teacher?!

So, I am hoping I have enough funds to make the trip - I am working on it as I do not want to miss this opportunity since the breeder is busy and life for me is about to ramp up in busyness the next two weeks...

Again, I should have been a teacher...

Denise

Dilemma solved... Benn will loan me some money to make the trip - due to his kindness I am paying him some interest on his loan so he can get some extra funds for the car he is saving for (to be purchased in July).

Whew. Andy is still on for the road trip so we are on - due to leave at 4AM on Saturday.

Denise

Latest posts

Back