Certifying as therapy rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyAndMoonlight

Reaction score
I am looking into certifying my rabbits as therapy animals, and can't find anywhere in my area that is able to certify. I live on the western side of Pennsylvania, if anyone is familiar with the area. Also, I was planing on bringing them on plane trips with me, because their caring cage is small enough to be a plane carry on item. Does anyone know if rabbits would be okay on a plane, and if there is anywhere near me that could certify them?

Personally, I wouldn't bring them on a plane unless you're moving. The trip is extremely stressful, and as far as I'm aware, only dogs are allowed as carry-ons. The altitude, noise, and confinement are all good reasons alone to avoid bringing bunnies on planes at all costs. As far as verifying them as therapy animals, it's relatively easy. Your bunny must pass a test that basically proves it is tolerant of people and noises. Also, your rabbit must be altered. Look up a therapy animal organization in your area- rabbits are very common therapy animals and many prefer those twitching bunny noses to cats and dogs! I'm looking into therapy myself with my Holland Lop, Wafel, as he is the only one of my bunnies who doesn't go nuts in a carrier.:)

Is anyone else able to tell me about some kind of certification in western Pennsylvania?

Latest posts

Back