Cats!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusselandRoxy

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching for a good cat forumbut i cannot find anything that i am really looking for, like this one!If anyone knows of a good one, please let me know!

And if anyone knows anything about telling if a cat is pregnant, please let me know too!!!

Thankyou :D

Hi, I have experienced lots of pregnancies in cats and knowa little bit about it but I don't know if it will help.

Cats; a couple weeks before delievering the kittens will start movingaround. You can also feel kicks and sometimes see them. They lick thefur around the nipples down and they will be red and "full". Theirattitude changes... hungry, and tired all the time.

I know a website that I have found a lot of good information on it andis almost like this one.www.practical-pet-care.comI hope this helps you.

That's a pretty cat. Why is it in a cage though?? Just wondering.

Cristy

Ok i seen the post. silly cat. I have3 cats and one uses the kids floor for the restroom and i been thinkingof putting him in the extra bunny cage with food and water and a litterbox when i cant keep the kids door closed, cause he dont go anyelse. I havent had the heart to do it but the litter box andstuff is in there for if i do decide to do it.. It maybe not the bestthing to do but its better then taking him to a shelter who would puthim down.
Cristy

Cristy-

I would definately recommend that you post this concern on one or both of the cat forums.

Sorry to come off so strongly, but caging a cat is cruel. I'mnot saying that you're a cruel person, just that I would explore otherideas.

Cats are rather complex creatures and there may be an underlying reason that you are not aware of.

I hope the forum members can help!

Ok i seen the post. sillycat. I have 3 cats and one uses the kids floor for therestroom and i been thinking of putting him in the extra bunny cagewith food and water and a litter box when i cant keep the kids doorclosed, cause he dont go any else. I havent had the heart todo it but the litter box and stuff is in there for if i do decide to doit.. It maybe not the best thing to do but its better then taking himto a shelter who would put him down.
Cristy

Christy I have actually had a Vet tell meto put them in a room with a litter boxall for their own in order toreestablish litter habits , your Ideaisnt far off the mark and is agood idea. Being the only cat to use abox in a confined area makes them realize thatpotty outsideof the box is not accetable.

I havent done it just thought of it.The box is in there just in case it was a issue of not wanting toshare. I only been thinking of it as a last resort before hegoes to a shelter and then that is how he would be kept until adoptedout or put down. I am sure the no kill shelter is not takingcats since no one adopts them. I try andkeep the door shut and will check out the catforum. I was going to give the cage to the shelterbut i just couldnt fit it in my car and they arent willing to come getit.

Gyspy So are you saying maybe lock him in the roomhe is using all by himself with a box. It might work but hemight bother my son while he sleeps. Heis the cutest boy and I cant stay mad at him for long at all.
Cristy

yeh she did just climb in there by herself :) Shes a little madam!
I have been working at a vets for the last three days on workexperience and will be for the next two days. It has been really goodso far and i have seen lots of operations etc, but its surprising thati have seen NO rabbits at all! I think one was put down on Monday but iwas in a different room and didnt see it. Today i saw a guinea pig anda dog be put down which was kinda sad coz with the dog the owners werethere and they had had him for so many years and were crying their eyesout.
Then when i left, they were about to put a cat down so as you can tell, today wasn't a very good day for the animals!!
Leanne :)

Latest posts

Back