Caption Contest Contestants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL requested I remove our transcripts, because she removed my photo from LOL i chose to be cooperative with her also.

feel free to use any of mine. they enjoy the fame. you should have seen fred and shadow when they saw they were on disapprovingrabbits.com...LOL:laughsmiley:

So, from now on, along with including the information on the photo, I'll also have a disclaimer:

Disclaimer: This photo is the property of Rabbits Only, The photographer and the Author of the Caption. Use of this photo by any outside source requires permission obtained by the forementioned people.

:D

good one Minda... I have spoken with the rep/owner of LOL alot tonight, she has forwarded me an apology and will be changing the credits as well as removing her watermark. thanks again everyone for your help and understanding, i think it will be a great policy to add the disclaimer

You are more than welcome to use my photos as long as there are only animals in them - no peoples :)

oh, BBB has a good point. i agree. all my pics are fine, unless faces are visible.

You can use any of mine - I don't mind if they get used elsewhere. The satisfaction of seeing a photo I took on a fun website like LOLbunnies is enough for me. I don't need my name saying I took it or anything. Its just a fun picture and whether or not it has my name on it doesn't really bother me.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Yofi says yes, you can use his (not surprising since he's such a ham).
:biggrin2:

Feel free to go ahead and use any of my bunnies' pics for caption contests.;)

For the record I won't be posting any more caption contest winners from RO again. :) I linked to RO because there was no photo/caption writer info in the thread. If I was reallyout to be"bad"I would not have even bothered linking to RO.

I go to more effort thana lotofsitesdo to credit pics. I have even started actively informing people when I use their pics. Most people do not care; many are happy about it.

If I just posted the picture it could end up anywhere without a credit. At least if the watermark is there it will bring people back to my site where there is credit info (if I know it).I would also like to pointout thatif the pic is all marked up with captions or whatever it won't be able to be used as stock/professional photography in any publication.

I am no longer going to be posting here because I can see that there is no pleasing everyone. I have never tried to pass off anyone's photography as my own. Nor would I ever do such a thing.

I will correct the photo I incorrectly credited. That was a simple human error on my part and was not intended in amalicious way.

take care

i'm sorry that this misunderstanding has made you want to leave our community. i really like your site and it was just human error, we realize that. i personally would be honored to have my bunnies on your site, some people are just more private than others and we feel that RO is "safer" than the rest of the internet since only members can access some areas. whether it actually is safer or not is up in the air. i know that you can't please everyone but just because there are people on RO who don't agree with you doesn't mean you should leave. :( i know there are people on here who disagree with me on everything from breeding to animal research to politics, but it is a difference of opinion that makes a community special. a community of people who all had the same opinion would be boring! just my 2 cents.

Wow... I'm really sorry to hear that this conflict has been this upsetting for you. I don't believe that the forum members were intending to sound as harsh as perhaps they did; rather, there was more concern that no-one knew the intentions behind the posting of caption winners. Guess we're all conspiracy theorists at heart:D

I don't feel that you should leave the forum over this... It was just a misunderstanding which has been fixed.

Don't leave! If one of my photos ever gets used in the contest I'll email it to you, I'd be so proud to have an image of mine on your website!

Despite reading this entire thread, I still don't really understand the issue at all....

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I definitely agree with giving credit where it's due. I once designed a website and filled it with my artwork, which at the time was a very personal outlet for a lot of stuff that I was feeling. I later discovered that someone had not only downloaded my site design, but all my artwork along with it, and put their own words over it and credited themself for the design. It wasn't for profit or anything, but just seeing something that was so personally mine out there with someone else's name on it really upset me.

On the other hand, in this situation, I can see how it was just a mistake. If the photograph in the caption contest thread did not clearly say who the photo belonged to (and I don't know because I haven't seen the thread), then I know from experience that it can be SO hard to track down the owner of a particular bunner, or photo, if you're not familiar with that bun.

bunnycute, I really hope you don't leave RO for good. I know there are a lot of members here who would love to have their photos end up on LOLbunnies (myself included), and I'm sure that the only reason ADEE reacted the way she did was because of past experiences.

Latest posts

Back