Can you take a rabbit outside in winter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
Can you? Meaning that can you take a rabbitoutside to play in the snow? Or will it be too dangerous because it istoo cold outside?

- Trina, Katy & Emmy -

If the rabbit is already a house bunny, I wouldn't recommend it.

I brought Fergi out one time last year after wehad a blizzard. I wanted to see if she would stay on top of the snowbecause of her big paws or if she would sink. She sunk. She reallyenjoyed it though, she tunneled through the snow and seemed to have agood time. She was out for only about ten minutes and I dried her offwhen we came back in. I would say that you can bring them out for ashort time if they have a thick coat on them as long as you make surethey are dry when you come back in. Obviously if your bunny doesn'tseem to be enjoying the frosty winter wonderland bring them right backin.

Fergi's mom

Mine live outside and play in the snow. I trampleout a little space and let them run, or throw them in a drift and watchthem dig out. Big buns seem to like it better than little ones.

Rose

Perry and Pernod love playing in the snow -although the look on their faces when they wonder where all the greengrass has gone is funny. I make sure i dry them off when they come backinside though - Jan

Latest posts

Back