Can rabbits see color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunyBun

Reaction score
We are in the midst of building a NIC cage forour soon-to-be adopted bunnies. It's 4 cubes wide by 2 cubesdeep and 2 and a half stories tall (there's a little loft up top).

I started wondering . . . Can bunnies see colors? The cagematerial is black and so I was either thinking black, white, or red forthe coroplast. Any advice?

Thanks!

BunyBun

Interesting. I guess I never gave it much thought.

I chose grey Coroplast because it matched the duct tape I used on the corners perfectly!

Duct tape does come in different colors now though.

BunyBun, I think's it's absolutely adorable (andwonderful) that you're taking so much consideration in building yourbun's home, that you would be careful what color of cloroplast you putin! :D

You're definitely part of the RO family, let me tell ya! :D

Warning: Don't use green! Every time I wearanything green, my bunnies end up chewing on it (even green pants orgloves). They must be able to have some distinction between colours.

Hehe....GRASSSSSS!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!

Teehee...true, if that's the case, there MUST be some sort of distinction. :)

Good thinking! :)

And boy do they go for it! I have the scars inmy ankle from Mocha when I was unaware of the effects green had onthem. I also have a scar on my thigh from Spice! Needless to say, Inever wear green anymore.;)

Oh my gosh!! Wow...I'll remember that, then...no...green......anything! :D

Those little stinkers! :D

Thanks everyone for the input . . . this is sointeresting. I'll remember to keep my green socks andunderwear tucked away from bunny view on St. Patty's Day.:tongue

I think we've decided on black coroplast. . . very unexcitingbut it will mesh wih our decor the best and blend in with the cagematerial.

I see there are bunny blogs . . . maybe I'll start one to track our adoption, bunny,and NIC cage building adventures!

BunyBun

Back