can rabbits eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Varna!

Hmmmmmm......not sure.

Baby food vegtables are cooked veggies so I imagine that it would be okay.
Probably not as healthy as raw, though.

You could give Lucy a little bit and then see if she okay for a day.Try and give her something that she's had before...like the carrotsmaybe.

~Jim

Hey Varna!

I dont think there is any problem with bunnies eating cooked veggies aslong as they werent cooked in butter etc. Carrots should be fine, but Iwould stay away from Broccoli and Cauliflower (they can cause gas).

Heres a list of the HRS suggested veggies:http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html

I have that list printed out and stuck to my fridge, it helps a lot! :D

I agree with Jim and Haley.

Won't do harm, but won't give the same goodness, just like humans, rawvegetables are much healthier (and tastier IMO) than cookedones.:carrot:carrot

I'm gonna move this to the main forum for you, as it's more a topic for the Rabbits Only section of the forum. :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Hey my 2 boys eat cooked veggies all the timeand I even give them cookies and crackers and a candy cane. Ispoil them something awful. At christmas time to keep themfrom tearing the wrapping paper off the presents I started giving themcandy canes and they loved it. They are both spoiled rottenthey even hop out on the porch when we are outside to see what we aredoing they never go off the porch they stay right there.

Ben

As a treat, cooked veggies might beokay. For example, the canned pumpkin my rabbits love hasbeen cooked. But cooked veggies do tend to loose some oftheir nutrients. Plus they won't wear down the teeth at allbecause they're so soft. So only feed a small amount.

i dont really think you should. Maybe if you dowatch him/her for about 48 hours so you can make sure nothinghappens. I know a rabbit that eats cookies and nothings wrong with him!Good Luck.

-April

For the record, I would really not recommend thecookies or candy...too much sugar can be VERY damaging to a rabbit'shealth, if not ultimately fatal (as in, give the bun diarrhea, andpossibly in having diarrhea, perish).

It's just not worth it in my book...

No offence, RobertsRabbitry...

RobertsRabbitry wrote:
Hey my 2 boys eatcooked veggies all the time and I even give them cookies and crackersand a candy cane. I spoil them something awful. Atchristmas time to keep them from tearing the wrapping paper off thepresents I started giving them candy canes and they loved it.They are both spoiled rotten they even hop out on the porch when we areoutside to see what we are doing they never go off the porch they stayright there.

Ben

Latest posts

Back