Calling all Kansas people around the Shawnee/Overland Park area..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
I need to find a trusted vet somewhere close to Shawnee/Overland Park. I need to get Ceaser neutered but my cats vet wont give me a straight answer on how much it'll cost or anything, he keeps ignoring the question. I need a rabbit savvy vet, and I trust you guys to give me a reliable vet.
Ceasers just getting out of hand lol, he wakes me up at night with his constant humping x__X he hasnt been trying to get me so i think the advice i got in a previous post worked. =P

If anyone in Kansas can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.
(sorry if this is the wrong board to post this on.)

Hmm...
I'm planning to take mine to Winchester Place Pet Care Center‎.
It's between 119th and college on strang line by the homestead apartments...cheapest place i've found. they are not rabbit savvy, but have rabbit pateints and have many succesful spays/nueters.
i think they told me 115$

some other places you can check out

Jarrett Small Animal Clinic

Hecker Animal Clinic-this is who the local rabbit rescue uses

Dr. Jill Sandler
Heartland Animal Clinic
7821 Marty
Overland Park, Kansas
913-648-1662

Hi, I'm in Shawnee.

I take all of my rabbits to KC Vet Care (used to be Hecker Animal Clinic) over in the Waldo area, just north of 75th and Wornall. A bit of a drive, but they are EXCELLENT with rabbits. They've got to exotic vets (Dr. Exline and Dr. Diehl) who are both rabbit-savvy.

I volunteer with the KC chapter of House Rabbit Society, we take all of our rescues there. One of the receptionsts there also runs a rabbit rescue, she takes all of her rabbits there. They are VERY good. If you call them, they should be able to give you a straight answer on the price. They might be a bit higher than some other vets, but they're so good with rabbits, I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Check out www.mohrs.org to see other area veterinarians recommended by MOHRS. (These are all vetsMOHRSvolunteershave used, and had good experience with.) I believe there is also a link to KC Vet Care. The vet's website will give you a phone number, office hours, and a map.

Let me know if this helps!

thank you guys sooo much, i'll have to call them and compare prices and everything after i get the car fixed x___x my brother jumped a curb and messed up the tire pretty bad. =P hopefully it'll be a quick fix.

but yes i will def. check out all the links and call vets and figure everything out. Ceaser is getting more aggressive and is actually attacking my cat now =/ so i cant let them play together until hes fix...poor kitty x___x

if you jumped the curb...its probably the axel which will be very expensive. def check around...a lot of places right now will try and jip you.

good luck

nah its not the axel thank god, he just messed the rim up pretty bad and flattened the tire looks like all we have to do is get a new tire and rim...and a hubcap.

yeah i think thats what my cats vet was trying to do, ignore me and think of a price before saying anything. =/ i think i need to find a new vet for the both of them. it cost me almost $600 to get my cats teeth cleaned and get him declawed x__x

BethM wrote:
Hi, I'm in Shawnee.

I take all of my rabbits to KC Vet Care (used to be Hecker Animal Clinic) over in the Waldo area, just north of 75th and Wornall. A bit of a drive, but they are EXCELLENT with rabbits. They've got to exotic vets (Dr. Exline and Dr. Diehl) who are both rabbit-savvy.

I volunteer with the KC chapter of House Rabbit Society, we take all of our rescues there. One of the receptionsts there also runs a rabbit rescue, she takes all of her rabbits there. They are VERY good. If you call them, they should be able to give you a straight answer on the price. They might be a bit higher than some other vets, but they're so good with rabbits, I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Check out http://www.mohrs.org to see other area veterinarians recommended by MOHRS. (These are all vetsMOHRSvolunteershave used, and had good experience with.) I believe there is also a link to KC Vet Care. The vet's website will give you a phone number, office hours, and a map.

Let me know if this helps!
This who I used as well, they are great and it was $96 for the neuter. I learned my lesson the hard way not using a rabbit savvy vet when our other Houdini died while being neutered. I am happy to say that the place I got him neutered stopped fixing rabbits altogether after the stink I raised.

I go to Southwest Plaza Animal Clinic. Been with them for 16 years and their nice because their a smaller clinic. might be a bit of a drive for you, their off old56

I do think KC Vet Care is the best in the metro for rabbits.

They also see dogs and cats, and I would guess that they are just as good for them.

im def. going to check these places out =)

ive heard alot of good things from other people about the vet in waldo. so im leaning more toward that one. its like 18 minutes away from me, not too bad =P it looks like a straight away.

Latest posts

Back