Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risingstar

Reaction score
I don't have my bunny yet, but my BFis getting me one for Christmas. Actually right afterChristmas because we will be out of state. Anyway,my BF is very handy and he called me at work. He wanted me tocall him when I was on my way home because he had a surprise forme. Well, he's making me this really nice cage forthe bunny. I have a big octagon shaped coffee table so he'smaking a two story cage the same size as the coffee table to be placedon top of it. After I get the bunny and figure out how to putpics. up, I'll make sure to post it. I'm getting soexcited. I hope my bunny will like it's new home.

The cage sounds great! How excitingfor you - and your new bunny! It sure is great to have handysweeties around.

Can't wait to see pics!

Lucky bunny!

Just make sure he builds aramp or something from the door tothe ground, you want to avoid having to lift the bunny out of thecage. You want tobe able to let them come out ontheir own. They'll trust you more that way! (Theyhate being picked up, although they will eventually trust you to pickthem up, they have to trust you first!)

Looking forward to the pics. :)

sas

That sounds like a really neat cage yourboyfriend is building, what a lucky bunny! Make sure you post picturesof the cage when it's done, and plenty of pictures of the little bunnywhen you get him/her!

Have you picked out any potential names yet? :D

I agree...I love having a handy hubby! :)

Can't wait to see piccies of your bun and his/her cage! :D

BunyBun wrote:
The cage soundsgreat! How exciting for you - and your new bunny!It sure is great to have handy sweeties around.

Can't wait to see pics!

Ohh that cage sounds great!,you just gotta post some pictures of the cage when it is finished so we can all have a look

I bet you cannot wait to bring your new bunny home! :)

cheryl

We're already making plans for theramp. What to make it out of so it can have plenty oftraction and not slip when going up and down it and not to make it toosteep. I put my dog in the cage part while he was working onthe flooring and she wasn't too happy. She's around70lbs. She looked all worried then wanted a treat as soon asI let her out. She knows she gets a treat if I ask her to doanything that she'd rather not.

The cage is made out of some sort of wire panelskinda like the x pen stuff. He's used a material that theyback showers with for the floor because it's not too slick yet it won'tabsorb the wet stuff. We're just figuring out what the rampwill be like. I don't know what type of bunny I'll be gettingyet, I don't really care as long as it's a well-manneredbunny. I'll be going to one of the L.A. shelters to adoptone. This is one of the first times that I wish Christmas wasover. (Because I'm getting the bunny after we getback) I'll be posting pics. after we get the bunny in it'snew home.

Latest posts

Back